Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 3: DAL @ UTA | 115-101 win
(10-16-2022, 02:22 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: They offered just enough that insured he wouldn’t sign here. Cuban wasn’t going to pay $100milkion in luxury tax for Jalen Brunson. The whole thing was a charade acting like we were interested in keeping him.

Conceptually I agree with the MBT not resigning Brunson but they've also proven inept at acquiring talent at or exceeding Jalen's talent level.
Like Reply
(10-16-2022, 04:12 PM)cow Wrote: Conceptually I agree with the MBT not resigning Brunson but they've also proven inept at acquiring talent at or exceeding Jalen's talent level.

But hasn't Nico brought in a few new guys to help in the talent search process?
Like Reply
(10-16-2022, 05:51 PM)chaparral Wrote: But hasn't Nico brought in a few new guys to help in the talent search process?

Searching isn't the problem.  Getting that talent to come here is.
Like Reply
(10-16-2022, 04:12 PM)cow Wrote: Conceptually I agree with the MBT not resigning Brunson but they've also proven inept at acquiring talent at or exceeding Jalen's talent level.

Conceptually the Warriors didn’t want D’Angelo Russell but they knew getting a bad fitting piece was better than getting nothing. If we have Brunson on the roster and eventually get all our picks freed up, that package is much stronger than just a picks package (with THJ and or Bertans).
Like Reply
(10-17-2022, 09:47 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Conceptually the Warriors didn’t want D’Angelo Russell but they knew getting a bad fitting piece was better than getting nothing. If we have Brunson on the roster and eventually get all our picks freed up, that package is much stronger than just a picks package (with THJ and or Bertans).
Kinda depends on who you’re selling to right? If the team wants to tank and get less long term money, Bertans and/or THJ is the better package.
Like Reply
(10-17-2022, 09:47 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Conceptually the Warriors didn’t want D’Angelo Russell but they knew getting a bad fitting piece was better than getting nothing. If we have Brunson on the roster and eventually get all our picks freed up, that package is much stronger than just a picks package (with THJ and or Bertans).

True to an extent but Russel wasn't the beginning of that GSW thread, the Durant signing was.  We also don't know what Jalen would have wanted, if anything at all,  to stay in Dallas thanks to our own mismanagement.  I still think you are right even if Jalen is on a much "worse" contract.

(10-17-2022, 10:17 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Kinda depends on who you’re selling to right? If the team wants to tank and get less long term money, Bertans and/or THJ is the better package.

That team could always flip Jalen again and bring back more assets or involve a 3rd team to get that teams version of THJ/Bertans.
Like Reply