Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect
(02-08-2023, 03:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don’t think “more than a SG” is or should be a goal of his. 

Agree on the pace…kind of agree on the handles, but THAT is due to pace and driving into areas he shouldn’t. Decision making, to me. Not a question of the tried and true dribble moves he’s clearly worked on the way a typical 26-year old pro has, but rather a question of when and where it’s a good idea to use them. It’s all big-picture, mental stuff with him, imo, and not the usual “you actually aren’t as practiced with these skills as you thought you were, now that we’re at a new level” stuff you typically see.

Well, I don’t want his ceiling to be THJ. A shooter that can’t/won’t dribble and one that doesn’t play defense. Obviously Timmy has made a lot of money and had a great career but I’d much rather him work on his handles, understand his limitations on his decision making and find a way to study and/or work on it. Put an emphasis on getting better defensively so that he’s not always out of position and fouling, which will allow him to stay on the floor. Just the normal things that take time. That’s why I just saw “raw” or “a year away”.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect - by Smitty - 02-08-2023, 03:23 PM