Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect
(12-08-2022, 08:35 AM)Smitty Wrote: There is absolutely zero for me to gripe about with the way Hardy has been handled to this point. Let the kid get as many minutes as possible in the G-League. If THJ and/or Reggie get moved at the deadline, and Hardy is still showing signs of improvement, then maybe he can get some more NBA experience in the second half of the season. Fans can be impatient.

I agree about how he's been handled to this point.  He looks so much better now than even this summer and certainly better than his last G League season.

I do think there is a 5-6 minute a game role in the second quarter that could be carved out.  Maybe you don't do it every night.  Carlisle used to do that with Green.  Those second quarter minutes don't crush the team's chances of winning the game even if they go poorly.  They probably come at the expense mostly of Bullock (making him an 18 minute guy instead of a 24 minute guy).  I'd rather Hardy have to fit in with other scorers than be the sole focus of the team in trash time.  He's a three level scorer with a sweet shot.  My concerns have always been defense and shot selection.  I want him to learn to shoot in the flow of the offense rather than just watching all the scrubs clearing out for Hardy to go to work.
[-] The following 6 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Dahlsim, DallasMaverick, dirkfansince1998, MFFL, Smitty, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE HARDY BOY: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect - by DanSchwartzgan - 12-08-2022, 08:49 AM