Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect
(12-06-2022, 10:11 AM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Is there unspoken code in the NBA that you dont bench or make it obvious you are killing a vets minutes?  Maybe it has to be a decent vet not just any vet?

Or...are there agents that you have to protect yourself from pissing off by not killing their clients minutes?   Word gets around to players around the league about vets getting minutes cut and everyone will try and avoid that club in FA?

Are there minute minimums in contracts that teams have to follow?

I can see not killing a guys minutes to a youngster in a contract year for a vet...but even then I am going to find minutes for my future prospect.  I dont see why getting young guys minutes is such an issue in the NBA.  It really seems like (the Mavs at least) it is made way more difficult than it needs to be.

Anyone willing to shed light?

Depends on the team...
Playing young developing players usually comes at the cost wins.
Kidd bucks that not to develop but also to hammer out rotations so that by the end of the year (based on 21-22 season) his team is humming and primed to compete. there are several of us who are frustrated due to this resulting in games we "shouldn't lose" being lost and the reality of the small difference in home court and possibly playing the #1 cede. Dallas has RARELY made these type of choices in the past, and that probably goes all the way to mark pressuring the staff for the best overall performance.

For Hardy the wings are especially difficult to crack into the rotation in that behind Luka there are 5 players who you could argue are our next - bests and they all play on the wings when Luka is in the game. (DFS, Dinwiddie, Bullock, Green, THJ) This does not bode well for Hardy to crack into the rotation easily. The good news is that Kidd seems willing to make sacrifices to accomplish these types of goals early in the season...
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE HARDY BOY: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect - by SkenfromLMF - 12-06-2022, 10:55 AM