Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect
(12-01-2022, 05:07 PM)F Gump Wrote: FWIW there were quite a few of us who were cautiously optimistic on Green, and didn't take the playoffs as some sort of defining moment for his ceiling. The thinking on Bullock trades wasn't all Green-related at all.

Instead, it was based on the observation that they were needing 3 of those 3-and-D guys. WITH Bullock, there were only two we could count on (with Green a maybe at that point at being that 3rd guy they needed). IOW, there was either just enough to cover the need, or they were already short-handed, and it would make no sense to trade away what you need more of, and worsen the hole (unless you are getting a superstar, of course).

I would say that even now, Bullock outgoing in a trade can only make sense when bringing back an even better 3-and-D guy than Bullock. Yes, Bullock obviously has been abysmal so far this season. But he's a proven veteran who happens to be producing far below his norms. So I have to think that whatever has gone awry will get fixed. And even with Green playing well, they still don't have a surplus.

The only possibilities that really make sense with Bullock are 1) a new substance addiction, 2) Father Time, or 3) both. 

We know he needs the whole year for his shot to start falling. The new part is that he's a dried-out pile of turd on defense. How is that possible given what we saw last year? See my above comment. 

I think that the "I can't believe this franchise let JB walk" factor could play a role, but it's not a enough. It's got to be one of those possibilities above.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect - by Scott41theMavs - 12-01-2022, 05:37 PM