Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect
(10-09-2022, 02:06 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I see glimpses of hope, but not enough to declare he has ‘it’.  At this point seeing glimpses is better than not, so that makes me happy…especially concerning a second rounder.  I’d personally rather he not be so ‘aggressive’ in taking shots (as many seem to laud).  I’d rather he take smart shots and make a higher percentage of them.

Hardy kind of reminds me of the arguments that used to surround Monta Ellis.  We often heard “Oh, you have to have “scorers”…people who can get off their own shot”.  The other side would say “not if they are bad shots with terrible efficiency”.  I’ve never been one who believes inefficient shooting is a good idea.  I imagine a professional team will find a way to get off shots with or without Monta/Hardy.  It is too early to tell if Hardy will be inefficient or not.  I think that will be the main difference between him having a career or not.  I’d rather, at this point, he have 2-3 things he does really well than 16 things he’s willing to try.

It's all about the players willingness to both be a gym rat with a great work ethic and also be a true sponge actually absorbing and implementing coaching. He "seems" like the humble type who will take on coaching, but the jury is still out. He also has a skillset IMO to be more than just a volume inefficient scorer, I think he actually has an advanced handle, he just needs to learn not to dribble so high and upright, which is very fixable. He also has very good shooting mechanics.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect - by Dundalis - 10-09-2022, 07:41 PM