Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect
(12-01-2022, 11:59 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: A lower cost guy I'm keeping an eye on is Chuma Okeke (24). Big wing, multi-positional disruptive defender and dirty work guy. Has been up and down and profiles as a solid 3&D if he ever shoots straight. He profiles as a guy who might develop slowly over four years and could change teams as a restricted free agent if Orlando would rather invest in veteran leadership around their young core. Not a home run, for sure, and maybe not the "better-than-DFS" type you'd hope for, but nowhere near as expensive as OGA, and Dallas should have money available.

Good Name.  I will add him to my list of young guys or guys from loaded teams or bad teams who may eventually need a new place.   I will add him to Naz Reid, Jaxson Hayes,  Cam Reddish, etc.

OKeke is a good name though.   He may get lost with all their other young players.   I do wonder what happens to him.   Maybe a sort of a Tobias Harris type player?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 12:19 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: With all the talk about Hardy, I´d like to point he has played 10 minutes, which ranks 54th amongst rookies. Maybe we let him get on the floor firstm before we announce culture changes.

No thanks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/1...11842?s=20&t=CDWV-EwgBXy79hR_Acrz6g
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/1...3563811842
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 10:16 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote:   Another benefit of Green/Hardy becoming significant contributors is it makes the Hardaway/Bullock  types more expendable as outgoing salary match.  There was some sentiment this summer that Bullock was indispensable.  I didn't think so, but I was early on what Green would become..

FWIW there were quite a few of us who were cautiously optimistic on Green, and didn't take the playoffs as some sort of defining moment for his ceiling. The thinking on Bullock trades wasn't all Green-related at all.

Instead, it was based on the observation that they were needing 3 of those 3-and-D guys. WITH Bullock, there were only two we could count on (with Green a maybe at that point at being that 3rd guy they needed). IOW, there was either just enough to cover the need, or they were already short-handed, and it would make no sense to trade away what you need more of, and worsen the hole (unless you are getting a superstar, of course).

I would say that even now, Bullock outgoing in a trade can only make sense when bringing back an even better 3-and-D guy than Bullock. Yes, Bullock obviously has been abysmal so far this season. But he's a proven veteran who happens to be producing far below his norms. So I have to think that whatever has gone awry will get fixed. And even with Green playing well, they still don't have a surplus.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 05:07 PM)F Gump Wrote: FWIW there were quite a few of us who were cautiously optimistic on Green, and didn't take the playoffs as some sort of defining moment for his ceiling. The thinking on Bullock trades wasn't all Green-related at all.

Instead, it was based on the observation that they were needing 3 of those 3-and-D guys. WITH Bullock, there were only two we could count on (with Green a maybe at that point at being that 3rd guy they needed). IOW, there was either just enough to cover the need, or they were already short-handed, and it would make no sense to trade away what you need more of, and worsen the hole (unless you are getting a superstar, of course).

I would say that even now, Bullock outgoing in a trade can only make sense when bringing back an even better 3-and-D guy than Bullock. Yes, Bullock obviously has been abysmal so far this season. But he's a proven veteran who happens to be producing far below his norms. So I have to think that whatever has gone awry will get fixed. And even with Green playing well, they still don't have a surplus.

The only possibilities that really make sense with Bullock are 1) a new substance addiction, 2) Father Time, or 3) both. 

We know he needs the whole year for his shot to start falling. The new part is that he's a dried-out pile of turd on defense. How is that possible given what we saw last year? See my above comment. 

I think that the "I can't believe this franchise let JB walk" factor could play a role, but it's not a enough. It's got to be one of those possibilities above.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
Hardy is from Detroit. Would be a Kidd-type move to get him some burn v Pistons tonight.
Like Reply
Hardy certainly wasn't shy about shooting the ball yesterday. 7 minutes and 5 shots!
Like Reply
(12-04-2022, 10:46 AM)MFFL Wrote: Hardy certainly wasn't shy about shooting the ball yesterday. 7 minutes and 5 shots!

Well

Hardy

5/1
40% from field
- 8 in seven minutes

Bertans/McGee

2/1
25% from field 
-21 in 13 minutes
Like Reply
It’s just a few minutes, but he really does look quicker with much better handles and awareness of how to find an optimal line of attack. I’d give him a chance to earn a few minutes before turning to the likes of Walker or a trade. If Hardy hits, then it really doesn’t matter how many bad decisions the Mavs made this off-season. It would still be a win. Hardy = hope.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
Luka gave Hardy the game ball

https://www.mavs.com/weirdplayingagainst...0that%20by.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...7414557698
  • MFFL
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...7796671488
  • MFFL
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...8984915969
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
I told you all.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/15...0895733760
Like Reply
Eventually he's going to replace either THJ or SD.
[-] The following 2 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BasketballJones41, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(12-05-2022, 11:52 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Eventually he's going to replace either THJ or SD.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: ce02d6a0-f899-11ec-ade6-5bb01c793b52]
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
such a steal. 
Would have easily been a top 13 pick if he could have came out a year earlier
Like Reply
So tonight he added a per 36 of what, 180 points!  He’s ready for some minutes during meaningful game action.

Most underrated aspect of his performance tonight. . . It was just a lot of fun.  The Mavs could use a little bit of that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply