Poll: How do you grade this contract?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
50.00%
17 50.00%
B
41.18%
14 41.18%
C
5.88%
2 5.88%
D
0%
0 0%
F
2.94%
1 2.94%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
EXTENSION: Maxi Kleber to DAL for 3 yrs/$33M (thru 2025-26, age 34)
Maybe one or two other people have come around to my way of thinking, but this still seems like a very questionable re-sign/extension.  Maxi missing a lot of games is the most predictable aspect, but, as I expected, when he does play, he’s continued his form of the second half of last season — can’t shoot straight, PER of 7, and a true shooting percentage so bad it’s an outlier to the rest of the league. Maxi was clearly a player in decline and he’s not coming back. Overachieving players who have to drain every ounce of effort from their body over a number of years just to stay viable wear out faster. Burning the candle at both ends every single day does that. The Mav’s decision makers are on one of the coldest streaks I’ve ever seen in Metroplex sports. Maxi plus THJ must represent nearly $30 million in near worthless salary. You could have had an excellent player (like retaining JB, for that amount). 

Nico needs a win. I mean KP is somehow playing like a top 10 guy this year, Reggie is in the toilet, JB (who Nico didn’t re-sign when he was first hired like he should have) has continued his excellent play in New York, Maxi’s contract looks like an ocean of wasted money stretching for years, Hardy is lighting it up for the Legends but not the Mavs, Wood is being misused and will probably just walk at the end of the season if this continues (so, the Mavs waste a first round pick).  Even the DFS signing looks bad (he’ll come around though). Oh shit, I just realized Nico also was GM when Hardaway was re-signed. (Nico looks like a disaster right now, TBH).  Only Bob looks to be vindicated as Green turns into a starter quality player. The state of the Nico regime is not good.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Mapka, Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: EXTENSION: Maxi Kleber to DAL for 3 yrs/$33M (thru 2025-26, age 34) - by ThisIStheYear - 11-25-2022, 08:53 AM