Poll: How do you grade this contract?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
50.00%
17 50.00%
B
41.18%
14 41.18%
C
5.88%
2 5.88%
D
0%
0 0%
F
2.94%
1 2.94%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
EXTENSION: Maxi Kleber to DAL for 3 yrs/$33M (thru 2025-26, age 34)
(09-08-2022, 03:09 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Of the two dudes we extended, DFS has consistently gotten better, is a high minute, high number of games starter and I was happy about his extension. Maxi has been hit and miss in the playoffs and regular season and has to stick to a minutes restriction due to his back issues. Might I suggest those back issues are also the reason he isn’t a sure-fire starter on this team.

DFS also signed a 4 year extension (4th year PO) that ends when he’s 32. Maxi signed the 3 year extension ending when he’s 34. 

I love Maxi on this team, he covers a lot of holes, I just don’t think we can count on his back being healthy.
Think of Maxi more like Draymond green. Who cares if he has periods of being out hurt or ineffective. He shows up in the playoffs the only time it matters. Playoffs is the only performance period we should pay our players based off of. So far in Luka’s career only DFS and Maxi have showed up every year in the playoffs. This is our core for the next few years. Bullock belongs as well obviously with him playing 40mpg in route to the WCF. But those 3 have been doing it together for awhile now
[-] The following 5 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, F Gump, haveitall, IamDougieFresh, Jommybone
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: EXTENSION: Maxi Kleber to DAL for 3 yrs/$33M (thru 2025-26, age 34) - by Jason Terry - 09-08-2022, 05:09 PM