Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: DM to CLE | Markkanen + Sexton + Agbaji + 3 1sts + 2 swaps to UTA
(09-06-2022, 12:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"F Gump" I hear you, trust me. 

I guess the bottom line for me is that I have zero faith that they'll figure this out. I am officially at the end of my rope and having trouble mustering up the interesest to be a fan. This is the first day in some time I've even read stuff here carefully. 

I feel like I can see the end of the story already.

It's strange that your outlook is so negative compared to say last offseason.  I would argue we are in a better place now than we were after last offseason:

Instead of the dread of waiting for the next KP injury, we have the excitement of seeing what Wood can do on a good team.

Instead of Luka/Brunson we have Luka/Dinwiddie, which looks better now than the other did last offseason (before Brunson blew up)

Instead of Boban/Burke/WCS/Brown/Chriss, we have McGee and Bertans.  It may be at the edges, but big upgrade.

We are only one season away (instead of two) from having access to all of our picks and have not screwed that up yet.

We just went to the WCF as opposed to getting bounced in first round prior two seasons.

The bungling of Brunson was not good, but to be honest he was only a significant asset midway through last season, and by then it was too late.  I was just as frustrated with this FO last offseason when we did nothing with our last chance to use cap space before Luka extension other than run it back.  At least they did something good with the Wood trade.  There was nothing I was particularly happy with last offseason (Bullock turned out better than expected).
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: DM to CLE | Markkanen + Sexton + Agbaji + 3 1sts + 2 swaps to UTA - by mvossman - 09-06-2022, 02:00 PM