Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: DM to CLE | Markkanen + Sexton + Agbaji + 3 1sts + 2 swaps to UTA
(09-06-2022, 11:33 AM)F Gump Wrote: However, mvossman has done a succinct job of summarizing their pick-acquiring "plan" -- they only need to bide their time until after the 2023 draft, at which point they will have 4 unprotected FRPs and 3 swaps in their war chest, more than enough for any target imo.

I don't disagree with this or any other of your points, really. But here's the thing:

If Cuban trades picks that include years after Luka's current deal expires, he's a total, absolute moron. If he doesn't, this big trade won't happen, regardless of what target we salivate over. Since they can't even access that pick package until after the first year of Luka's deal, I'm not super hopeful about the window of this plan. 

All I'm saying is that while weighing all of the permutations above, really thinking about where they could lead, smaller deals involving fewer picks that will come and go more quickly and not totally cripple the franchise for 5 years at a time start to seem preferable, at least to me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: DM to CLE | Markkanen + Sexton + Agbaji + 3 1sts + 2 swaps to UTA - by KillerLeft - 09-06-2022, 11:39 AM