Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: DM to CLE | Markkanen + Sexton + Agbaji + 3 1sts + 2 swaps to UTA
(09-06-2022, 10:31 AM)F Gump Wrote: But respectfully, I don't see how your argument is really relevant, in our discussions of what players the Mavs might want to pursue right now, unless you think THE MAVS thinking regarding trades is different than it looks like to the rest of us. Not what you think they should want to do, but what they are trying to do. I think they are working to amass assets in hopes of a big multi-pick acquisition and don't see any point in debating lesser players who will cost a FRP, which they wouldn't consider imo as it would delay/derail their ability to do that theoretical deal.

Ok, cool. 

If we're talking about what they are thinking, then I think your other theory (the one about how Cuban won't even spend what it takes to fill the 15th spot) might be closer to the truth. 

If they're working to amass assets, I'm not seeing it. Again, players aren't really what's moving the needle out there. I think medium-big expirings like the one Bertans will become are very useful in building trades (much more so than HUGE ones, like KP), so I get that part. What have you seen that indicates they are doing anything to acquire more draft capital (the only thing that will ever matter in trades wherein a team is letting go of the type of player we're talking about) to use in such a trade? Other than sitting on their hands waiting for '23 to convey like schmucks, I mean. 

If what they're doing now is their version of "working to amass assets for a big multi-pick acquisition" then imho, they are doing it the absolute worst possible way. Figuring out how to get a pick for Brunson would've been a start. Converting anyone not named Luka they can into a 1st would be the way to go, too. 

For my money, they either need to get busy winning or set themselves up to actually win that next auction. This in-between road is killing me.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: DM to CLE | Markkanen + Sexton + Agbaji + 3 1sts + 2 swaps to UTA - by KillerLeft - 09-06-2022, 10:44 AM