Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: DM to CLE | Markkanen + Sexton + Agbaji + 3 1sts + 2 swaps to UTA
(09-06-2022, 07:38 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: You guys making the point that they can't/won't want to trade picks seem to think that's a new idea. From my POV, it might be an OLD one, honestly. That's the way I thought the last couple of seasons, as that '23 pick being up in the air was really gumming up the works, but...now? I'm not so sure we understood the realities involved at the time, and to me, they've become quite clear:

This team's chance to build a juggernaut dynasty ended when Giannis inked his name on his new contract in Milwaukee. There is no guarantee of another, more successful Porzingis deal in the future. In fact, I find it really unlikely that they'll have another crack at something like that during this Luka contract, the way things are going. During several summers I was preaching patience (just what people are saying now) but that was with Luka on his rookie deal. He's on his second contract now, so the reality the Mavs are facing right now is the reality they'll have for a while: How do we maximize each individual season? 

You make great points about the practicality of a Mavs multi-pick trade quest -- but not sure they really matter to the issue at hand.

Your main point is "you guys are saying the Mavs aren't going to trade for a player who costs a FRP, but that's wrong because the Mavs should trade for help when it's available, even if it costs a FRP."

But respectfully, I don't see how your argument is really relevant, in our discussions of what players the Mavs might want to pursue right now, unless you think THE MAVS thinking regarding trades is different than it looks like to the rest of us. Not what you think they should want to do, but what they are trying to do. I think they are working to amass assets in hopes of a big multi-pick acquisition and don't see any point in debating lesser players who will cost a FRP, which they wouldn't consider imo as it would delay/derail their ability to do that theoretical deal.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: DM to CLE | Markkanen + Sexton + Agbaji + 3 1sts + 2 swaps to UTA - by F Gump - 09-06-2022, 10:31 AM