Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: DM to CLE | Markkanen + Sexton + Agbaji + 3 1sts + 2 swaps to UTA
(09-06-2022, 09:25 AM)mvossman Wrote: There is a lot to unpack here, so I will make just a few comments:

I think the fact that there are a few teams hoarding picks is actually an advantage for us.  Those teams are in full tank mode still and are looking for superstars and very young up and comers.  That means there should be less competition for those second tier guys in their upper 20s who have plenty of prime years left but don't fit the timeline of team starting from scratch.

You make an interesting question regarding should we spend all of our assets on a second tier guy, or spread them out for strong role players (like Clarkson).  My thoughts are that this team has too many one way players.  Its really hard to have a top 10 offense and top 10 defense with a bunch of one way players.  It seems like you are always making a tradeoff on a lineup.  What we desperately need is two way players.  The closest we have to that now is Dorian (one of the reasons he is so valuable) but he does not create for himself or others.  We really need a quality defender that can provide some offensive creation so we are not playing constant whack-a-mole with the lineups.  I don't think somebody like a Siakam would require quite the package some of those others got, but he would make a huge difference.

If we do go down the pieces route, instead of targeting guys like Clarkson, what about something like sending out a first for Wiggins and 2 firsts for anunoby?  Basically going the Boston route except we have Luka instead of Tatum.  In fact, Derrick White is another player I would target who may not cost a first.  These are the kind of players I would like to match with Luka, Dinwiddie and Wood.

The Mavs have plenty of good role players.  Why trade for Jordan Clarkson when you have THJ?  The need is for a second star at any position.  If we trade any first round pick it should be for a star.  Otherwise just get the players you can and hold on to the picks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes haveitall's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: DM to CLE | Markkanen + Sexton + Agbaji + 3 1sts + 2 swaps to UTA - by haveitall - 09-06-2022, 09:45 AM