Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: DM to CLE | Markkanen + Sexton + Agbaji + 3 1sts + 2 swaps to UTA
(09-02-2022, 09:31 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm pretty intrigued by the Sexton situation from a number of angles. Like this, for example: He clearly turned down offers for his worth according to league consensus (much lower than this, apparently) hoping to get a payday. I suppose you could argue that he got it, though for all we know he was aiming for a max. No accounting for how these guys view themselves. 

I wonder, is he happy today, knowing he got paid and feeling like he bet on himself and won, or is he pissed that he'll have to go to Utah and win 20 games next year to get it?

Would this same deal have been available a month ago, or did it happen because someone was finally successful in communicating to Sexton "look, this is your last chance at anything remotely resembling the kind of offer you want"? I think that type of stuff is fascinating.

Personally, I think He's a younger and smaller version of Jordan Clarkson.  I'm not sure who was going to give him starter money.  He got paid well, but I don't think outrageously so for a primary scorer off the bench.  I wouldn't mind having him in that role.  We expressed interest in dealing for him before the trade.  Are we still interested after?  Powell plus Green reaches his new number and we don't have all the S&T issues to deal with any more.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: DM to CLE | Markkanen + Sexton + Agbaji + 3 1sts + 2 swaps to UTA - by DanSchwartzgan - 09-02-2022, 01:20 PM