Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case)
(07-18-2022, 01:10 PM)cow Wrote: I've been posting on and moderating message boards since the 90s and honestly this is the most civil place I've come across.  Considering the nature of fandom, I find that remarkable.  Disagreements happen but in the end, we all of the same goal.

I got fired up yesterday and if I made anyone feel uncomfortable, my sincerest apologies.  I just hate being called a liar and I'm often bad about turning the other cheek.

The problem is that Cuban never does anything right or changes anything, so we are stuck with having the same discussion all over again. If we are honest every discussion about

1.) draft prospects --> mostly useless unless Cuban has the same so far down the gutter that he has no other choice, even then he f**** up tanking.
2.) using capspace to take on bad contracts to acquire assets  --> useless to discuss never happens.
3.) any measure taking a step back to taking a step forward --> useless to discuss never happens.
4.) signing younger free agents with potential  upside --> mostly useless to discuss rarely happens < 5%.
5.) trading Mavs rotational/expiring players for future assets  -->mostly useless to discuss rarely happens <5%.

Basically what we should have discussed is:

Which veteran do we sign with the TP-MLE.
Which veteran do we sign with the vet minimum.
Will we find a trade for Dwight Powell.
Which other rotational piece veterans, perceived as an upgrade, can we get for THJ/Dinwiddie/Bertans, probably adding future Mavs picks.
WTF we just lost Brunson for nothing, which should be about a one reply "discussion". Mark is an idiot. Everybody like. The end.

That´s why the tone eventually gets rougher. We have the same limited hypothetical discussions over and over.

Is Cuban broke or just cheap is the only new layer for this off-season. Big Grin
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case) - by Mavs2021 - 07-18-2022, 02:11 PM