Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case)
(07-17-2022, 01:40 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: Yes, you are right, KL.  And the bad news is that despite repeated requests (by moderators and other members) for common courtesy and civility, the unrestrained acrimony around here never improves.

I wonder how many people who could be (and sincerely want to be) valued contributors to this message board have come to the reasonable, rational conclusion that the negatives of posting here outweigh the positives by a significant margin.  Whatever that number may be, it is a real shame  ---  I have plenty of confidence in that.

Thank you.  A good reminder.

Don't know if this would help anyone else, but I personally have a two-response rule.  If I say something and someone disagrees, I will respond and then maybe respond to their response to that.  At that point, I'm done.  Shame on me if I can't make my point in two responses.  At that point, my opinion is out there and no amount of repeating myself is going to change anyone's mind.  

In fact, what typically happens is debates devolve into some form of people talking past one another so they can 'claim' victory.  I gave away too much of my life at a younger age trying to win message board debates.  It isn't worth it.  

Not saying everyone should emulate me.  Lord knows I have other challenges to overcome.  Just offering up an idea that has made my time here more pleasant.
[-] The following 11 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick, HIMAV, Hogmelon, Hypermav, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, Mavsdemon, MFFL, mvossman, StepBackJay, Tyler
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case) - by DanSchwartzgan - 07-17-2022, 02:31 PM