Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case)
(07-16-2022, 06:48 PM)cow Wrote: 1.  I've clarified the on the court ramifications of a RW trade multiple times.  Didn't you even read it?  You know opinions can differ on the severity of those ramifications and the outcomes, right?  You realize can trade for RW and not deal with the player, right?  

2.  If I'm twisting then pot meet kettle.

3.  I'd need to double check the napkin math but I do think you can get into the 70s by gutting the team but that's highly unlikely given you wouldn't jettison Din/Bullock as their partial guarantees are north of 15m.

It's fine that you'd rather have Maxi, Wood, Bullock, Dinwiddie and Green but that's making a lot of assumptions about Maxi's next contract, Wood's fit on the team and if Josh Green can continue to develop.  I'd question the long term future of all three of those players with Maxi being the safest bet.  There is a leap of faith to the free agency route but also a leap of faith for a lot of what is on our roster right now as far as resigning them or being able to trade them in moves that make the team better.  

Thanks for the clarification on timings and signing rights.  That alters my thinking.

1 You aren't saying anything different than me on RW on the team. My point is that I don't see him being able to make the Mavs better, or really helping. Whereas, to some degree (and perhaps more than we might expect), I think THJ and Bertans can.

2 If I ever misread you, it's not intentional. And when/if you say "that's not what I meant," then I will accept it and go forward with that. If I have done otherwise this time, I don't know where, and it was certainly never intentional.

3 Okay, so you say let's keep Din/Bullock. Now where are we?

Very rounded - Luka 40, SD 21, DFS 13.5, Bullock 10.5, McGee 5.5, Hardy 2, 6 empty slots 7, TOT about 99.5. I would think they would want to keep the cheap rights to Franky, so in round numbers there's maybe 30-32M cap room left to work with.

For that 30-32M, they will need to more than replace the combined contributions of all of the following: Wood, Kleber, Green, THJ, Bertans. I think there's way more value in that group than 30-32M, and it would be incredibly challenging (perhaps impossible) to do so in one summer. Maybe even too much to do in 2.

I just don't see the value in going that direction.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case) - by F Gump - 07-16-2022, 07:30 PM