Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case)
(07-16-2022, 06:17 PM)F Gump Wrote: 3  "Getting off of THJ and Bertans early could take your committed salary down to the $70m range depending on the options you pickup or decline.".... The lowest possible is probably closer to 87M including cost for empty salary slots. But here's your stripping the team -- to even do that you are getting rid of ALL of Maxi, Wood, Bullock, Dinwiddie, and Green.

Based on Kamm’s spreadsheet on the first post of the Roster Talk thread, making this trade brings the salary down to just below $100M. Add in the cap holds of Maxi and Wood and you’re roughly at the projected cap. What I see you doing is lumping the RW trade into any further trades, which IMO is the fallacy in what you’ve been saying. The RW trade must be reconciled on its own merits. Any subsequent trades or creative use of the roster/contracts has to be reconciled on their own as well. You want to reconcile the future happenings now and there is no way of knowing what those would be.

What's more important, all those decisions happen before free agency begins (including bypassing opportunities to extend your guys before they become free agents) and you will have no signing rights on any of those players if you get to 87M. If you want to keep your rights on Maxi and Wood, you are without spendable cap room (you're about MLE below it, so might as well not have it). That would indeed be stripping the roster down, with no way to know what free agency will offer.

Not if you subscribe to KL’s way of thinking (and honestly, the rest of the NBA’s). Tamper, tamper, tamper. If nothing shows itself but the time to make the decision, you make the decision then. If there is a small deal available, use one or two of those contracts to make the deal. That deal would then be discussed based on the merits of that deal alone.

I'd rather have ALL of Maxi, Wood, Bullock, Dinwiddie, and Green. In which case, why did I get rid of THJ and Bertans, who might help me or might be trade assets?
You’d rather have all those players as opposed to…let’s say, OG and Siakam because Tor decides to tear it down when the infighting is too much to handle?

I don’t even care what the actual deal is, whatever it would be, has to be discussed on its own merits.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case) - by ItsGoTime - 07-16-2022, 06:54 PM