Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case)
(07-16-2022, 05:41 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Not at all what I meant to be doing. Very sorry. Just disagree with what reads to me like vehemence to the idea of flexibility due to the expiring Westbrook for very little cost in terms of value adding players. And I’m pretty sure the term stripping down didn’t originate with me.

I will say it again -- I used the phrase "stripping down" in relation to the overall idea of going for a high-value high-dollar free agent in 2023, for which the RW move would be the 1st step. Either you do or don't have that as an end goal, but for it to be possible it takes WAY MORE than just shedding some salary via an RW trade. It would also require you to strip down the roster in advance of free agency. My point was, if we don't really intend to strip down the roster, then free agency possibilities is NOT a reason or benefit to obtain RW.

You say "the idea of flexibility due to the expiring Westbrook for very little cost in terms of value adding players" and I'm not sure what is intended by that. A trade for RW doesn't offer any real door in re to free agency. To get there, it would take the Mavs slicing off some good, needed, core players too, and not sure there's better in free agency than the players you have to get rid of. Which to me removes the plus of "flexibility." 

For just this season alone, I don't think RW would likely be more useful than the 3, Do you? Nor do I see how it makes the team better a year from now, if we have nothing (RW having walked) vs having THJ-Bertans. And RW certainly wouldn't be more useful as a trade piece, either this season or later.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case) - by F Gump - 07-16-2022, 06:36 PM