Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case)
(07-16-2022, 05:40 PM)cow Wrote: Kind of like the lie you keep attaching saying that people are advocating for trading for Westbrook the player?

Getting off of THJ and Bertans early could take your committed salary down to the $70m range depending on the options you pickup or decline.

1 "saying that people are advocating for trading for Westbrook the player" ....This is way off base about what I have been saying. I just clarified that for you, since you seem to be misunderstanding my point. Didn't you even read it? I understand that this is all about a money move - I never said it wasn't -- but it also has on-court ramifications, right? You get RW the player, and whatever that entails. Right?

2 You quote my words but try to twist my meaning. You know what I'm saying by now. My point is that the pie-in-the-sky free agency pursuit in 2023 (which is the end goal for a RW trade) "would come at the cost of gutting the team..." -- which is what I have been pointing out from the start. I understand RW alone does not gut the team and have said so, and clarified so. I also understand that a trade for RW makes sense in the context of such a free agency pursuit (which would take gutting the team) but then doesn't make sense if you don't really truly intend to go that route.

3  "Getting off of THJ and Bertans early could take your committed salary down to the $70m range depending on the options you pickup or decline.".... The lowest possible is probably closer to 87M including cost for empty salary slots. But here's your stripping the team -- to even do that you are getting rid of ALL of Maxi, Wood, Bullock, Dinwiddie, and Green.

What's more important, all those decisions happen before free agency begins (including bypassing opportunities to extend your guys before they become free agents) and you will have no signing rights on any of those players if you get to 87M. If you want to keep your rights on Maxi and Wood, you are without spendable cap room (you're about MLE below it, so might as well not have it). That would indeed be stripping the roster down, with no way to know what free agency will offer.

I'd rather have ALL of Maxi, Wood, Bullock, Dinwiddie, and Green. In which case, why did I get rid of THJ and Bertans, who might help me or might be trade assets?
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • cow, DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case) - by F Gump - 07-16-2022, 06:17 PM