Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case)
(07-16-2022, 03:28 PM)cow Wrote: -You aren't trading for RW the player, you are trading for his contract.  It is possible, if not likely, you'd send him home.  Further, Dinwiddie and Bertans had a labels as a bad teammates in Washington and have been model citizens here.  It's always best to judge on first hand experience. 
-One could easily say the Mavs don't have the assets or know how to make trades, so why bother?  The Mavs are also terrible at drafting, so why bother?  "Why bother?" is a ridiculous argument.  Wiggins, LeBron, Middleton, Grant, Turner, LeVert, PatBev, Brooks, Crowder, Kleber, Seth, Nunn.  Those are some of the RFAs/UFAs for 2023 that run the gamut of salary ranges.

I would do the deal but you have to admit that you can't make another trade for quite awhile because you would be cutting into our core to do so. We also won't have any other midsized contracts that we can deal.

But I think it would be worthwhile to erase Bertans contract. I don't consider it a net gain to trade Powell's expiring for RW's expiring.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case) - by MFFL - 07-16-2022, 04:47 PM