Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case)
(07-16-2022, 11:21 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: There are more ways to use that capspace than signing a FA. Those ways are also not limited to my creativity used in my post.

Agree, BUT...

1) I can maybe get behind the idea that as Luka matures and Harrison wraps his head around the job, that duo will eventually represent improvement over the Donnie years when it comes to convincing players they want to be here in Dallas. That, to me, tracks, as Luka WILL be the main "draw" in the NBA at some point when he's older and Harrison's strength does seem to be his relationships. 

sidebar: those notes should help in the ways you're referring to, as well, however: 

2) I've pretty much lost any faith in the idea that Mavs will ever use cap space in the creative ways you're talking about. I flatly wonder if they have that skillset at all, and think the failure to capitalize on Brunson's departure in even a minor, peripheral way adds more doubt there. The departure of Keith Grant, who we've been led to believe was the mind behind every interesting and advantageous bit of contract creativity for the past 20 years doesn't really instill hope, either, although I suppose it's possible they replace him with someone even better. 

Personally, I hope the next time cap space comes around it will be because Harrison and Luka have tampered their balls off.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case) - by KillerLeft - 07-16-2022, 11:30 AM