Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUMMER LEAGUE: Gm 5 84-95 loss, JH 15 pts, 3 ast, 3 rbd, 7 TO
(07-18-2022, 02:27 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Bingham had heart surgery?

I thought we were talking about Shaq's son.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...5651873792
Like Reply
(07-18-2022, 02:42 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...5651873792

The Kings may have a stud on their hands.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(07-18-2022, 02:47 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: The Kings may have a stud on their hands.

After their rotten drafting and free agent decisions the past few years, it's a breath of fresh air for the organization.
Like Reply
(07-18-2022, 03:14 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: After their rotten drafting and free agent decisions the past few years, it's a breath of fresh air for the organization.

Haliburton was a great pick. But they obviously had to send him out because he didn´t fit next to Fox. Just like they couldn´t pick Luka because they already had Fox.
Ruined a 5-year window because they overrated Fox and tried to build around him.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Jmaciscool, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-18-2022, 03:34 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Haliburton was a great pick. But they obviously had to send him out because he didn´t fit next to Fox. Just like they couldn´t pick Luka because they already had Fox.
Ruined a 5-year window because they overrated Fox and tried to build around him.

The situations aren't totally equivalent, but I file the SAC/Fox issue under "sunk cost" logic and credit the Mavs tremendously for realizing they had to cut their losses on Porzingis. It was a little late for my taste, but I'm sure part of Harrison/Kidd's mandate when they got here was to make the KP thing work. To their credit, once they saw that it was a suicide mission they took the difficult but necessary action.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, michaeltex
Like Reply
(07-18-2022, 12:17 PM)haveitall Wrote: He looked really bad in SL.  Tons of turnover, very low BBIQ.  At some point he walked with the ball inbounds instead of passing it.  He failed many times to get himself open as inbound ball handler, looked lazy at times.  Reminded me of Ricky Ledo.  Hope coaches can rewire his brain or he will be playing in China next year.

I don't think he looked really bad. I think he looked a bit raw. 

Most of his turnovers were him trying to feel things out. Some were bad passes sure, but that's the point of summer league. The walking the ball in bounds shows that he has a lot on his mind. 

I don't think he looked anything like Ledo. Hardy actually has talent. Again I just think he needs to get comfortable out there. By his 3rd/4th season in the league I think he'll be ready for a big role on this team.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(07-18-2022, 07:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't think he looked really bad. I think he looked a bit raw. 

Most of his turnovers were him trying to feel things out. Some were bad passes sure, but that's the point of summer league. The walking the ball in bounds shows that he has a lot on his mind. 

I don't think he looked anything like Ledo. Hardy actually has talent. Again I just think he needs to get comfortable out there. By his 3rd/4th season in the league I think he'll be ready for a big role on this team.

I'm not making excuses for him ( not saying you are). He had his moments. But some of those deadball turnovers were inexcusable. He has talent for sure. It's up to him to decide how good he wants to be.
Like Reply
(07-18-2022, 09:04 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I'm not making excuses for him ( not saying you are). He had his moments. But some of those deadball turnovers were inexcusable. He has talent for sure. It's up to him to decide how good he wants to be.

I am 1000% making excuses for Hardy. Why? Mostly cause I really like the pick and want the kid to excel and am explaining away his mistakes. 

But the thing is it is WAY to early to tell anything. Like at all. Summer league is just a step above exhibition and not much should be read into the games other than purely basic stuff. 

Things I look for are but not limited to: does this guy have a go-to move? Can he shuffle his feet on D? Can he make passes out of the PnR? I don't care if the shots he takes goes in or the passes are intercepted. Would I prefer he plays perfect? Of course, but I recognize this is a loosely organized rec league filled with a bunch of guys trying to get theirs, and it is hardly reminiscent of NBA basketball.

Hardy showed me he's totally comfortable handling the ball and finding his shot in the midrange. That alone gives him a head start of the other guys we've developed on the roster today. That is why I am fighting hard(y) for the guy. The talent is there. And like you said if it's up to him to decide how good he wants to be.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply