Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Read Between the Lines of this Doncic Quote
(07-12-2022, 12:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I have no doubt that Luka will learn from last year and take the next step. He has consistently been at least a year ahead of my expectations for him, so I’m finally on board with the idea that he’s ready to win a championship “now,” even if I do feel he has more growing to do as a player. 

Unfortunately, my worry is about the brand of basketball the Mavericks are preparing to play. Ugly. Outmoded. Pointless. Boring. Uninspired. Backwards. 

Blech

Right.

I'd much rather have Mike D'antoni's Suns. 

Beautiful. Thrilling. Amazing statistically! Fan-friendly!  ...but no championships.
Like Reply
(07-12-2022, 12:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Unfortunately, my worry is about the brand of basketball the Mavericks are preparing to play. Ugly. Outmoded. Pointless. Boring. Uninspired. Backwards. 

What is interesting for me is, that our national team plays extremely entertaining basketball. Fast, efficient, lots of scoring.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-12-2022, 12:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I have no doubt that Luka will learn from last year and take the next step. He has consistently been at least a year ahead of my expectations for him, so I’m finally on board with the idea that he’s ready to win a championship “now,” even if I do feel he has more growing to do as a player. 

Unfortunately, my worry is about the brand of basketball the Mavericks are preparing to play. Ugly. Outmoded. Pointless. Boring. Uninspired. Backwards. 

Blech

I really thought, and still hope, the model we used in our playoff run is going to be the blue print.  Two penetrating guards who can cause havoc in a spread offense, 2-3 Big wings who can guard and shoot and a 1-2 athletic big guys who play with force.

Wood was a nice start...I have concerns with him but he fit my prototype.    The Brunson thing was not expected to me and the McGee signing was surprising.   So as of now, I think we are further away from my hope than I was expecting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-12-2022, 09:20 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't spend time worrying about this, really. 

If he bounces, we here can't do anything about it. That'll be it for the Mavs' NBA title chances during many of our lifetimes, I suspect (I'm not sure we always fully appreciate what it's like to go straight from Dirk to Luka), so nothing to do but hope for the best.

I agree. No reason to worry about it because we can't change the outcome. I think he's here for quite a while. I have a feeling that he'll retire in Dallas. Could be wrong but we'll see. I've noticed the younger gen of players seems to be sticking it out. Especially the Euro guys.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 2 users Like audiosway's post:
  • KillerLeft, Slavius
Like Reply

Blech

dunno, i didn´t expect the wcf this season to be honest. i didn´t expect jason kidd to be a good coach. and certainly i didn´t expect the KP trade to be ok-ish. sometimes you just have to lean back and enjoy the ride. i fully expect luka to fcking tear the league a new asshole next year. he is unbelievale good. Enjoy while you can and don´t get worried too much Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slavius's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(07-12-2022, 01:00 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Right.

I'd much rather have Mike D'antoni's Suns. 

Beautiful. Thrilling. Amazing statistically! Fan-friendly!  ...but no championships.

Right, because that's what I'm suggesting. Good point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply