Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TRADE: Gobert to MIN | 4 1sts (3 unprot.) + Beasley, Kessler, PBev to UTA
(07-02-2022, 01:06 PM)omahen Wrote: Skin mentioned August 23rd. Not sure why you mention him here, but I wouldn't trade for KAT. I don't think he is a winner or can be on a winner. A lot of empty stats, imho. This is of course under assumption that Minny will demand a fortune for him.

(07-02-2022, 02:56 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: KAT is not that guy. I agree. However there would be a difference when he is in Minny where he fancies himself as the franchise savior and here where he would clearly come in knowing he is the 2nd option. I don’t think the guy handles the main man pressure well but will be fine next to Luka. 

We talked about KP as the unicorn but in terms of skill sets Embiid, KAT and Jokic are the true unicorn centers. If there is a chance to get him and Wood ( who has his own share of game and character issues) is one of the asks, I will do it everyday.   There is no guarantees for a title but Wood for KAT is a serious talent upgrade and I like Wood’s game.

I personally see KAT as a potential younger healthier Kevin Love sort of 3rd star to a championship a la Cavaliers. Initially "empty stats" that if his role was more clearly defined where he could EXCEL in those areas and defer the other things then he can and very likely will be a winner* in this league.

With Luka leading, (we one day get that 2nd star or have it be a depth mix and match scenario) with KAT in that 2nd/3rd role with McGee handling more of the Defensive traditional 5 spot next to and/or backing up KAT, that would no doubt be a winning team. I think KAT would/could buy in to play next to Luka... having said all that? We will not get him lol. but one day some team with 1-2 stars will pick him up and i can foresee him winning in this situation.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Gobert to MIN | 4 1sts (3 unprot.) + Beasley, Kessler, PBev to UTA - by Magickian - 07-05-2022, 10:39 PM