Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TRADE: Gobert to MIN | 4 1sts (3 unprot.) + Beasley, Kessler, PBev to UTA
(07-02-2022, 09:56 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: They still have a good 2 deep roster.  They need a PG badly now, and they have already used their MLE.  Still have their BAE.  Also think they have bird rights on Josh Okogie still - haven't seen him come off the board yet.  So, I think that they could use some defensive G's, but they look solid.  Could really use Bev on that team. Now, will the twin towers work?  That is the question.

I will say the main portion of my "holy shit" reaction was those 5 picks. Beasley was a guy I think they wanted to get rid of anyways. Beverly and Vanderbilt were huge surprises as well and I think the biggest blow to the Wolves rotation. 

As to your outlook, that's definitely the optimistic way to look at it. When I see a bench of Forbes, Prince, McDaniels and Naz, I think they've been ravaged by injuries. Forbes is solid. Good shooter, below average defender. Not necessarily the perfect guy I'd have playing behind D'Lo. Prince is a solid role player and the best of the bunch imo. I don't have anything negative to say about him being a backup wing. 

McDaniels and Naz is where I have the biggest concerns. McDaniels is a young guy who hasn't showed much. He's a PF, but now that Towns is going to play those majority minutes I don't see him excelling. Naz Reid is a guy I'm shocked is still in the league. Every time we play the Wolves I'm estactic they give him big minutes. 

On top of that, I'm extremely curious whether or not the Twin Towers 2.0 will work in today's NBA. Gobert was played off the court because there were no perimeter defenders in UTA. How can they hide both Towns and Gobert? They can't have both sag off the perimeter.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Gobert to MIN | 4 1sts (3 unprot.) + Beasley, Kessler, PBev to UTA - by SleepingHero - 07-03-2022, 12:00 AM