Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TRADE: Gobert to MIN | 4 1sts (3 unprot.) + Beasley, Kessler, PBev to UTA
(07-02-2022, 10:07 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: I think you are forgetting Jordan Mclaughlin?, who was their best PG in the playoffs

You're right (edit that I forgot him - I don't think he is/was their best PG).  Thank you.  

So they have a solid 10 deep team left.  So that is certainly not gutted. Still could add a solid guard defender and maybe bring back Josh and they have good players/depth throughout the lineup.  Certainly as much talent as the Mavs.  The Mavs have GREAT complimentary pieces, but Minny has a ton of talent. But that proves my point - the pieces they traded, they could afford to - in fact, you could say that it was beneficial to do so to clear playing time.  That team needed defense in the worst way, and they added one of the best defenders in the league.  KAT is just a weird fit in this era.  I don't want anyone to get offended here, but he is the closest player profile to Dirk that I can identify - in terms of an offensive juggernaut who can score at all three levels, and is limited defensively (although KAT is a decent shotblocker).  However, Dirk had the benefit of a prior era where you could play a C next to him.  KAT hasn't had that luxury - but they are going to try.  This is their Tyson Chandler moment.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Gobert to MIN | 4 1sts (3 unprot.) + Beasley, Kessler, PBev to UTA - by Mavsfan12 - 07-02-2022, 10:31 PM