Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TRADE: Gobert to MIN | 4 1sts (3 unprot.) + Beasley, Kessler, PBev to UTA
(07-01-2022, 06:18 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Let me also guess that while losing Gobert makes Utah much worse, it also does not improve the 46-36 Wolves, just like we don´t anticipate a 3rd year leap from Edwards.   Confused

You treat basketball as if it's a video game, as if plugging in players just automatically improves teams in a linear fashion.

No I don't expect the Wolves to take a giant leap from trading half of their roster for Gobert when his fit with their current franchise star is iffy at best. Further, they are as shallow as they've ever been. This was their all in move and their only way out should it not work is gutting the roster. 

My opinions on Gobert have varied wildly since he's signed his extension. I don't think he's worth the money. I do/did think he'd be a good fit here and would've had major positive impact. I in no way think he was worth essentially 5 FRP and 4 role players and would've had a heart attack if the Mavs made a similar deal.

Second, comparing Brunson to Gobert is another level of delusion. They are no where close to the same class of player and to even bring it up is trolling at best, mindless at worst.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Gobert to MIN | 4 1sts (3 unprot.) + Beasley, Kessler, PBev to UTA - by SleepingHero - 07-01-2022, 09:40 PM