Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: JaVale McGee 3yrs/$17.2M to DAL | will indeed start at center
He may be an ok starter.  He is not a heavy minute starter.   Games tend to start slow.   He plays 4-5 minutes then we go small.  He gets maybe 18 minutes a night.

I am just floored he is the target and those numbers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
I'd rather have another go round with the corpse of Roy Tarpley
quietly wondering through Mavs eforums since 2008
[-] The following 1 user Likes a little odd's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
This is basically the end for the Nico Harrison-hype train. No self-respecting GM puts his name under that contract. I´d resign before I attach my name to that trash.

We just lost Brunson for nothing and it´s only the 2nd worst decision of the last 24 hours.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, dirkfansince1998, Smitty
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 07:00 PM)Winter Wrote: C'mon.

McGee hadn't "started" for a team in maybe forever. He knows he's not going to start.

Stupid thing to say though.

He has averaged less than 17 minutes a game his last 3 seasons.  It would be crazy to plan on starting him.  This contract is crazy though, so I don't know what the hell is going on.
[-] The following 3 users Like mvossman's post:
  • BigDirk41, Mavsdemon, Smitty
Like Reply
We added flexibility inside. I am not sure what everyone is so upset about. Most likely there are trades coming in the future. It's not like McGee makes the Mavs worse. He just makes them better off the bench in certain scenarios.
[-] The following 2 users Like radix's post:
  • audiosway, DallasMaverick
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/YossiGozlan/status/1...0620173313
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • audiosway
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 07:07 PM)mvossman Wrote: He has averaged less than 17 minutes a game his last 3 seasons.  It would be crazy to plan on starting him.  This contract is crazy though, so I don't know what the hell is going on.

I won the battle and lost the war.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Matthewp7741/status/...0710297600
Like Reply
I really hope there's a trade that helps this make sense because by itself it seems like a large overpay and just a poor decision overall.
Like Reply
Love it. Especially if we can find a new home for Powell
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 07:09 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/Matthewp7741/status/...0710297600

Tell Matt to get in line.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/RKonkle_Mavs/status/1542655081639813120?s=20&t=8qRV-2G74fsQsYdIzAR5Mg
[-] The following 5 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, JBB, mvossman, Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply
I don't believe the 20M figure. If they are carving out money for Hardy, I don't think they can get to that. [I see someone else posted the same idea above, while I was composing this.]

In round numbers
MLE < 6.5
Hardy 1+
McGee < 5.5 

Last year he played for 5 and was worth it. 5.5 seems like a very reasonable number.
[-] The following 5 users Like F Gump's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, fifteenth, Kammrath, Mavsfan12, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Could have had Noel on an 20/2 team option contract + TP-MLE. Choose McGee for 21/3 instead.

Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 07:11 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Love it. Especially if we can find a new home for Powell

I have this feeling that they already have. Ready to be disappointed though.
Like Reply
This is not a bad thing. They are doing what I hoped they would do. Start building up good players on good contracts that could be packaged together for a trade if need be. I was not high on McGee when he was here under Rick but he has shown himself to be a much improved and smarter player in his last 3 stops.

He's a very good spot defender and rebounder. Likely means Powell will be gone too. I call that a win win.

The only real front court player they had in the playoffs was Maxi. It's not going to be an overnight explosion of a roster rebuild. This is how the retool should look. I'm pleasantly surprised so far.

(06-30-2022, 07:14 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Could have had Noel on an 20/2 team option contract + TP-MLE. Choose McGee for 21/3 instead.

Smile

Yuck. McGee is better.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 1 user Likes audiosway's post:
  • Mavsdemon
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 07:08 PM)radix Wrote: We added flexibility inside. I am not sure what everyone is so upset about. Most likely there are trades coming in the future. It's not like McGee makes the Mavs worse. He just makes them better off the bench in certain scenarios.

Because this contract will certainly not have a positive value. Just like so many other contracts Dallas has.
Like Reply
All of y'all are failing to realize that most of McGee's salary will be offset by his Social Security benefits and AARP discounts.

The MBT knows what they're doing.  Big picture.

via GIPHY

[-] The following 4 users Like RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • Bayliss, BigDirk41, KillerLeft, Mavsfan12
Like Reply
The ones screaming trade value the last few days are now talking on-court value. Wild times!
[-] The following 2 users Like Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft, omahen
Like Reply
When you finally think the new FO is embracing modern basketball and then Shaqtin is your new starting center…

Please tell me this MF is coming off the bench
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • sterlingmallory
Like Reply