Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: JaVale McGee 3yrs/$17.2M to DAL | will indeed start at center
(06-30-2022, 06:53 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...5309129728

I can't even begin to understand how to cope with what's unfolding today. 

If the plan is to play Wood and McGee TOGETHER, then I honestly don't know what even to say or think. 

Did they stay up all night smoking meth?
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, mvossman, Smitty
Like Reply
Starting...

Luka, DFS, Wood, McGee and THJ/Bullock?
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 06:55 PM)mvossman Wrote: You have got to be fucking kidding me?

Looks like Mavs are back to starting 2 bigs again. I hate it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Fuerza1's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
21/3 with a player option for a 34 year old begging for a minimum contract.

So virtually the same money as Hartenstein got from the Knicks. Difference of roughly one million dollar per year.

You are telling me that Hartenstein would rather back up Mitchell Robinson than start for the Mavs?

Make no mistake this was another conscious decision by the Mavs.

Seriously at this point, if you don´t think you could run an NBA franchise better than the MBT, you need to see a shrink, cause you have serious self-esteem issues.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, JBB, Smitty, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
Great. They overpayed and now he'll demand a trade after he doesn't start a single game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes loki's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
Which is the better deal…McGee @ 20 or Hartenstein @ 16?
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 06:53 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/1542657417795756032

Yep Powell is gone.  Question is does he bring anything remotely back useful?  Bertans won’t and I think they keep Hardaway.   Goran will eventually be here.

I hope more is planned because this is not a contender as is….not close.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 06:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Did they stay up all night smoking meth?

I've been rewatching breaking bad.  Maybe I am Nico Harrison.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • JBB, KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 06:55 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...4301457408

A definite upgrade over Powell, and cheaper.

Good job, Mark!   ...or Nico!
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 06:55 PM)mvossman Wrote: You have got to be fucking kidding me?

Right out of the Eric Dampier playbook.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 06:53 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...5309129728

Signed McGee to a big multiyear deal for his seasons aged 35 to 37. And now he's supposed to start.

Luka doesn't deserve this. Neither do the Mavs' fans. This is just sad.
[-] The following 6 users Like JamesConway912's post:
  • BigDirk41, Fuerza1, KillerLeft, Mavs2021, omahen, Smitty
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 06:57 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: A definite upgrade over Powell, and cheaper.

Good job, Mark!   ...or Nico!

Yeah but he will be 35 next season. I don't feel comfortable at all with him holding up in a long season. And we have him for 3 years, when he'll be 37-38!
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 06:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I can't even begin to understand how to cope with what's unfolding today. 

If the plan is to play Wood and McGee TOGETHER, then I honestly don't know what even to say or think. 

Did they stay up all night smoking meth?

The crack pipe was not put down
[-] The following 1 user Likes loki's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
If you were going to let him be a starter, we should have had to outbid the Bucks.
Like Reply
C'mon.

McGee hadn't "started" for a team in maybe forever. He knows he's not going to start.

Stupid thing to say though.
[-] The following 2 users Like Winter's post:
  • audiosway, TurkishMFFL
Like Reply
will let Kidd figure out what works best for the starting 5 line ups. he has earned the benefit of the doubt on that one.

If this means no more Powell, Im all for it! Money and contract be damned!
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 07:00 PM)Winter Wrote: C'mon.

McGee hadn't "started" for a team in maybe forever. He knows he's not going to start.

He watched us roll out Powell to start games.  He knows he's better, the MBT knows he's better and so does Powell.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 07:00 PM)Winter Wrote: He knows he's not going to start.

Well, Powell did start for Mavs, and if they trade him... Smile

No idea how they see Wood in this, I don't think you can build around him being a PF
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 07:00 PM)Winter Wrote: C'mon.

I sure hope you're right.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 07:00 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: will let Kidd figure out what works best for the starting 5 line ups. he has earned the benefit of the doubt on that one.

If this means no more Powell, Im all for it! Money and contract be damned!

But the Mavs truly took off once they stuck with the 1-big, 2-ball handler line-up. 

Now they are back to doing the Carlisle special of 2 big line-up's. I would not rule out Powell at all; at this point, I see him and Kleber coming off the bench as the dynamic duo.
Like Reply