Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE REQUEST: KD decides to remain in BRK moving forward
(07-02-2022, 06:46 PM)F Gump Wrote: The sticking point with a KD trade is that he wants to be ADDED onto a team's talent base with all the top players still there.

But it just doesn't work that way. BKN is going to expect (and rightly so) that an elite player (or two!) is being shipped the other way. A legit All-Star (not just a good player).

For example, I can't imagine BKN listens to PHX unless Booker is on the table. Ayton? His value in trade is fairly modest, since PHX doesn't want him anyhow. Bridges? He's good, but far from all-star. MIA would need to offer Adebayo PLUS lots more. And so on.

This may take awhile, and it might not even get off the ground unless a legit All-Star (not just a good player) or two is offered. This summer may get real slow, while teams wait. And perhaps wait and wait and wait.

Durant has no control though, he can be traded to Miami for Butler and he can't stop it.
What is he going to do? Tell Miami I am not going to play? Trade me again? It will be a worse PR than him going to GSW with no upside.
He sure can make a threat of it, try to give some leverage for his new destination but I just don't see it working his way,.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHAMS: KD requests trade out of Brooklyn | MIA & PHX favs? - by khaled1987 - 07-02-2022, 06:59 PM