Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE REQUEST: KD decides to remain in BRK moving forward
(07-01-2022, 08:56 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: It certainly feels like they are going to trade KD....but do they have to?  I know him and Kyrie are close, but if you can get off Kyrie and even get a small asset back that team on paper still looks good.   

Maybe that is how this ends.  Brooklyn asks for a Godfather offer and when one to their liking (maybe they know one will not appear) doesn't come, they tell KD he is not going anywhere.   

Maybe his feelings change if Kyrie is gone and they are one of the top 2-3 teams in the East at the all star break.   Heck once upon a time, Kobe demanded a trade.

You need to get rid off Kyrie though and try not have that let KD burn the rest down.

What's a good, established coach who is available?  Fire Nash and bring in someone KD and Kyrie would respect and try to repair the damage.  Both sides are going to have to get past some strong feelings though.  Nets would also have to give Kyrie an extension and that's probably a non starter.
Like Reply
On another thread I suggested the idea of KD to Phoenix, Ayton to Indiana, Turner+Buddy+Bridges+a million picks to Brooklyn.

Combine that with Kyrie and Harris to LA, Westbrook to CHO, Rozier and Hayward to Brooklyn.

Rozier / Curry
Heild / Mills
Bridges
Simmons / Hayward
Turner / Claxton

Certainly not a contender, but it's an interesting team. In a year they could combine Hayward and a bunch of picks for something.
Like Reply
[Image: FWnzFR5XgAEd5wg?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
The logical solution; a rough three way (phrasing):

OKC gets Durant and Westbrook

Lakers get World B. Flat

Nets get picks and prospects

Everyone’s a winner!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul Gasol's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
If I'm the Nets I go to KD and tell him that we can trade him now to a place of our choosing OR give it another season or two and if he still wants out we'll trade him to a place of his choosing.
Like Reply
The sticking point with a KD trade is that he wants to be ADDED onto a team's talent base with all the top players still there.

But it just doesn't work that way. BKN is going to expect (and rightly so) that an elite player (or two!) is being shipped the other way. A legit All-Star (not just a good player).

For example, I can't imagine BKN listens to PHX unless Booker is on the table. Ayton? His value in trade is fairly modest, since PHX doesn't want him anyhow. Bridges? He's good, but far from all-star. MIA would need to offer Adebayo PLUS lots more. And so on.

This may take awhile, and it might not even get off the ground unless a legit All-Star (not just a good player) or two is offered. This summer may get real slow, while teams wait. And perhaps wait and wait and wait.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 06:46 PM)F Gump Wrote: The sticking point with a KD trade is that he wants to be ADDED onto a team's talent base with all the top players still there.

But it just doesn't work that way. BKN is going to expect (and rightly so) that an elite player (or two!) is being shipped the other way. A legit All-Star (not just a good player).

For example, I can't imagine BKN listens to PHX unless Booker is on the table. Ayton? His value in trade is fairly modest, since PHX doesn't want him anyhow. Bridges? He's good, but far from all-star. MIA would need to offer Adebayo PLUS lots more. And so on.

This may take awhile, and it might not even get off the ground unless a legit All-Star (not just a good player) or two is offered. This summer may get real slow, while teams wait. And perhaps wait and wait and wait.

Durant has no control though, he can be traded to Miami for Butler and he can't stop it.
What is he going to do? Tell Miami I am not going to play? Trade me again? It will be a worse PR than him going to GSW with no upside.
He sure can make a threat of it, try to give some leverage for his new destination but I just don't see it working his way,.
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 06:46 PM)F Gump Wrote: For example, I can't imagine BKN listens to PHX unless Booker is on the table. Ayton? His value in trade is fairly modest, since PHX doesn't want him anyhow. Bridges? He's good, but far from all-star. MIA would need to offer Adebayo PLUS lots more. And so on.

Hence the predicted involvement of Utah with Mitchell, who would very much enjoy playing in NY for BRK. I think the team who lands Durant will have to pay dearly for the right to use assets from at least one other team in the deal.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/khaldoggo69/status/1543220580920410112?s=20&t=TgwwAb_JxELJPuLHZhRPmA
[-] The following 1 user Likes RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 07:11 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Hence the predicted involvement of Utah with Mitchell, who would very much enjoy playing in NY for BRK. I think the team who lands Durant will have to pay dearly for the right to use assets from at least one other team in the deal.

No, UT's inclusion wouldn't solve the issue, because (a) Ainge's price for Mitchell will be through the roof, and (b) more importantly, Mitchell can't go to BKN. The rule restriction we discussed earlier does apply to Mitchell.
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 08:51 PM)F Gump Wrote: No, UT's inclusion wouldn't solve the issue, because (a) Ainge's price for Mitchell will be through the roof, and (b) more importantly, Mitchell can't go to BKN. The rule restriction we discussed earlier does apply to Mitchell.

Unless Simmons is moved, right? 

Did you see the tweet I posted earlier?

I’m predicting PHX, and that Mitchell winds up in BRK. I get that it will be very tough to pull off, but I think it gets done.
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 08:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Unless Simmons is moved, right? 

Did you see the tweet I posted earlier?

I’m predicting PHX, and that Mitchell winds up in BRK. I get that it will be very tough to pull off, but I think it gets done.

Yes if Simmons was moved, that would fix the issue. That's a big IF. Don't see a trade mentioned here.

It's already hard to imagine that BKN can find a way to do a KD deal. Doing all 3 of KD 44, Kyrie 37 BS 35 would be massive.
Like Reply
Is there a team left that wants Simmons? There has to be but I am not sure who exactly.

Also Nets should keep the price high for KD and not give in. KD wants the league to oblige him and send him to a team that can keep its best players. Someone needs to pat him on the head and tell him that's not how the world works.

If Nets hold out they will get a good package. I thought the Nets got a pretty good package for Harden despite the fact that he was expiring. Simmons is a wildcard but I think he is a positive asset still.

Gobert got a massive return, I can't even believe it. Nets should expect nothing less for KD. Some team will figure out a package that can work and still have a contending team. KD on any team is pretty much a contending team anyway.
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 09:16 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Is there a team left that wants Simmons? 

[Image: mark-cuban-shark-tank.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like cow's post:
  • BigDirk41, F Gump, KillerLeft, Mavsfan12, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 09:16 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Gobert got a massive return, I can't even believe it. Nets should expect nothing less for KD.

Not so sure you can slap the Gobert price tag on Durant. 

Gobert is going to Minnesota, a location most all-stars would refuse to play in, even if traded there. Gobert just turned 30 and is locked in for the rest of his prime. He is re-tradable (not for what Minnie payed though).

Durant is still a great player, but already 34 with a huge mileage and growing injury problems and a difficult character. His contract runs till he‘s 38, he‘s one injury away from turning into a franchise killing contract. He‘s worth a gamble for a team with a closing (1-2 years) contending window only.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...4884705281
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1...6897022976
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...2014221313
Like Reply
KD to Raps would be about best case scenario. Stays in the East, not Miami or Boston or NYK. Also, I really like Toronto, the city and the team. Great fans.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • Okstate819
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...2798088192
Like Reply