Poll: Who sits if Wood earns a starting spot?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Reggie Bullock
15.22%
7 15.22%
Javale McGee
56.52%
26 56.52%
Spencer Dinwiddie
28.26%
13 28.26%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal?
(07-02-2022, 11:56 AM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: I bet the Mavs are still thirsting after Thybulle.

Why would Philly trade him? They desperately want to win now. So what player on Mavs is better for them and worth giving up for him?
(07-02-2022, 11:57 AM)omahen Wrote: Why would Philly trade him? They desperately want to win now. So what player on Mavs is better for them and worth giving up for him?
He shot very poorly throughout the season and sunk further in the playoffs. He missed 3 playoff games in Toronto because he was unvaccinated. He’s at the end of his rookie contract and is seeking an extension now.

No idea on your second question. It seems clear the Mavs do not meet the asking price.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VintagePejav2's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
(07-02-2022, 11:56 AM)omahen Wrote: If they just put Siakam on the table, the offer is miles better than Woods and SD.

I like Siakam, but man I do not agree with your player assessments and their value almost ever. 

$35M Siakam is not "miles better" than CW as a player.
Mavs in free agency are always scrambling.

Draft pick deficient, one arm tied behind their back due to lack of assets, and hoping for a Hail Mary.

New front office same as the old one….
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • Paul Gasol, VintagePejav2
(07-02-2022, 11:48 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Maybe the Mitchell thing works, but what is Mitchell signing up for him and Simmons being the stars of the new look Nets?

Don't forget Irving Smile The team will still be good and they will have a gazillion of assets to further improve. I think Mitchell would be much happier there than in Utah. 

One thing I am not sure. Can the BKN trade for Mitchell while they have Simmons? I think I saw somewhere you can only trade for one player on a 5 year extension. I think it was said connected to Adebayo.

If that is true, could Simmons be the actual target? His price could be more in the range of Dallas possibility
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Tyler
(07-02-2022, 12:03 PM)omahen Wrote: could Simmons be the actual target?

I would love to take a flyer on BS at this point. If his back checks out as healthy he would be great alongside Luka.
[-] The following 5 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41, DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, Mavsfan12
(07-02-2022, 12:03 PM)omahen Wrote: could Simmons be the actual target?

Dude, I think you might be on to something.

Skin Wade said the Mavs were targeting a wing in a big trade and then qualified that saying that the Durant situation could "muddy" that possibility. 

Simmons absolutely fits that evidence to a "T."
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BigDirk41, DanSchwartzgan, Tyler
(07-02-2022, 12:05 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I would love to take a flyer on BS at this point. If his back checks out as healthy he would be great alongside Luka.

If it’s for our fringe players. Maybe. Hasn’t played. Can’t shoot and is not all their mentally. Id rather take a gamble on the other potential headache in Kyrie.

Edit: I don’t want Kyrie either.
Mavs get:  Westbrook, THT, Diallo, Lakers pick swap in 2025, Lakers unprotected 2026 1st,  2024 2nd and 2025 via Detroit

Nets get: Dinwiddie, Powell, J.Green

Lakers get: Kyrie, Bertans

Pistons get: THJ

This gets the Mavs below the apron to sign Dragic.  This also frees up future cap while accumulating picks to trade for a bigger fish.  Nets get a solid replacement for Kyrie who has no trade value after saying he's going to LA.  LA gets Kyrie this year.  When your core is in their mid to late 30's, simply waiting a year for Kyrie isn't beneficial.  Pistons finally get THJ, reuniting him with his dad -- the theme of the summer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • VintagePejav2
(07-02-2022, 12:09 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Dude, I think you might be on to something.

Skin Wade said the Mavs were targeting a wing in a big trade and then qualified that saying that the Durant situation could "muddy" that possibility. 

$28.27 is the outgoing required.  Much easier to get there than to get to KD.
(07-02-2022, 12:09 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Dude, I think you might be on to something.

via GIPHY

[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • SleepingHero
I think Wood could be a really good fit on this team, but if they do end up trading him for something better then that's the type of asset management I've been wanting to see.

Turn a pick and scrubs to a good player and then turn the good player to a really good player. That's the kind of thing other teams have been doing for years.
(07-02-2022, 12:15 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: $28.27 is the outgoing required.  Much easier to get there than to get to KD.

An August trade of Wood and DFS.  Angry
(07-02-2022, 12:23 PM)Smitty Wrote: An August trade of Wood and DFS.  Angry

via GIPHY

[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • dynamicalVoid, Smitty
(07-02-2022, 12:11 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Mavs get:  Westbrook, THT, Diallo, Lakers pick swap in 2025, Lakers unprotected 2026 1st,  2024 2nd and 2025 via Detroit

Nets get: Dinwiddie, Powell, J.Green

Lakers get: Kyrie, Bertans

Pistons get: THJ

This gets the Mavs below the apron to sign Dragic.  This also frees up future cap while accumulating picks to trade for a bigger fish.  Nets get a solid replacement for Kyrie who has no trade value after saying he's going to LA.  LA gets Kyrie this year.  When your core is in their mid to late 30's, simply waiting a year for Kyrie isn't beneficial.  Pistons finally get THJ, reuniting him with his dad -- the theme of the summer.

Remover all the picks from the Mavs equation and it´s a more realistic trade. Still a massive win for us. I´d do that in a heartbeat, but I also know Cuban would turn it down.
(07-02-2022, 12:27 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

via GIPHY

Do not underestimate the incompetence of Cuban. It’s a “Star” league in his mind.
What if the Mavs can trade for Simmons and get him to commit to playing the 5? He would be incredible at the 5. He could be our Draymond.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • Mavsfan12
(07-02-2022, 12:28 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Remover all the picks from the Mavs equation and it´s a more realistic trade. Still a massive win for us. I´d do that in a heartbeat, but I also know Cuban would turn it down.

Nope. Westbrook is the biggest hot potato in that entire trade. You have the choice of 1) the tanking and season-nuking decision of playing WB, 2) the distraction of sitting him for the season, or 3) the cap damage of a SW. The picks are in there, or hell to the nope.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • BigDirk41, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot, Smitty
(07-02-2022, 11:57 AM)omahen Wrote: Why would Philly trade him? They desperately want to win now. So what player on Mavs is better for them and worth giving up for him?

Because he is unplayable on the offense in the playoffs.

Basically, Josh Green 2.0.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAVS-SLO's post:
  • KillerLeft
I just saw that Rasheed's trade includes us giving up Spencer. Holy shit. No way the Mavs could contemplate that trade without having the JB signing turn into a SnT that gets us our 23 back. We aren't making the playoffs with that resulting roster. Good luck on convincing Luka to completely punt a year.