Poll: Who sits if Wood earns a starting spot?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Reggie Bullock
15.22%
7 15.22%
Javale McGee
56.52%
26 56.52%
Spencer Dinwiddie
28.26%
13 28.26%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal?
(06-30-2022, 04:50 PM)Tyler Wrote: But there could also be a trade lined up.

I am expecting at least one or two significant trades. Stein said as much after the CW trade.
(06-30-2022, 04:40 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...6977096704

Played with Steph for the minimum. Played with LeBron for the minimum. Played with Jokic for the minimum. Played with CP3 for $5M. Nobody wanted to keep him around. Mavs conclusion let´s give him a two year deal above the minimum at age 34, while Bamba, Hartenstein, Bryant, Smith etc. are still out there.

He was a back-up on the Suns last year and the team was -4.1, when he was on the floor against back-ups for 11 MPG in the play-offs.

As the roster stands right now the only players within a five year age range of Doncic are Green, Ntilikina and Hardy.
(06-30-2022, 04:51 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am expecting at least one or two significant trades. Stein said as much after the CW trade.

At best they can swap bad contracts. They have absolutely no assets. I wouldn't expect a trade for a difference maker.

They will be lucky to be able to land JaVale McGee with part of the TPMLE.
(06-30-2022, 04:51 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am expecting at least one or two significant trades. Stein said as much after the CW trade.

The most likely outcome at this point is Dragic and Mcgee.  Will be surprised if its anything more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • KillerLeft
Luka | Bullock | DFS | Wood | McGee ~ LeBron | Caruso/Bradley | KCP | Davis | McGee
Mavs will have to hope for all-star Christian Wood just to get back to where they were last season, lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • KillerLeft
Whatever you think of Zach Lavine, it makes little sense to not try and go after him at this point
(06-30-2022, 05:32 PM)Branduil Wrote: Mavs will have to hope for all-star Christian Wood just to get back to where they were last season, lol

Except he's a humongous scoring threat, especially when you remember THJ will be back. It's almost like we should be more worried about the defensive end
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • SleepingHero
(06-30-2022, 05:37 PM)Branduil Wrote: Whatever you think of Zach Lavine, it makes little sense to not try and go after him at this point

With what?  Not a guy I want to mortgage my future on.  Not the right fit.
(06-30-2022, 05:37 PM)Branduil Wrote: Whatever you think of Zach Lavine, it makes little sense to not try and go after him at this point

I was thinking all the super-max extensions have been announced, but the cheap Bulls owner has not paid up yet. Given the crazy annual deals that have been announced so far, virtually all guards getting $10M p.a. maybe THJ/Kleber/Powell + one unprotected first could get this done.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, Okstate819
(06-30-2022, 05:46 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I was thinking all the super-max extensions have been announced, but the cheap Bulls owner has not paid up yet. Given the crazy annual deals that have been announced so far, virtually all guards getting $10M p.a. maybe THJ/Kleber/Powell + one unprotected first could get this done.

Something might be going on with CHI and Gobert too. Just seems odd Lavine wouldn’t sign right away like others have. Is he taking meetings?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Okstate819's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
The Mavs can't even pick out a 4th big from the minimum list like everyone else. 

I literally can't believe they're in competition for the privilege to pay McGee more than the minimum. 

If that's the case, the new front office might be worse than the old.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Fuerza1
(06-30-2022, 05:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The Mavs can't even pick out a 4th big from the minimum list like everyone else. 

I literally can't believe they're in competition for the privilege to pay McGee more than the minimum. 

If that's the case, the new front office might be worse than the old.

On the one hand, McGee is miles better than WCS.  On the other hand, the couldn't even secure a sit down with JB.
https://twitter.com/jga41agher/status/15...18560?s=21&t=5NseFXHWW-8qUNak2Vk4jQ
[-] The following 4 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, Jmaciscool, KillerLeft, omahen
(06-30-2022, 05:59 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: https://twitter.com/jga41agher/status/15...18560?s=21&t=5NseFXHWW-8qUNak2Vk4jQ

Wait until Cuban sees the late fees from Blockbuster Video.
I'm not a big fan of McGee, but here's the thing.

He will know his role here - backup to CW and Powell
He has championship experience and can be relied on in emergencies
He may be good stability for CW
He knows Kidd well

As I said, I'm not a big fan, but this is what you're looking for in a big when you have two players ahead of him in the depth chart. he was never going to compete for heavy rotation minutes. But if CW fouls out and Powell is injured, that's the guy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Winter's post:
  • cow, Jmaciscool
(06-30-2022, 06:11 PM)Winter Wrote: He will know his role here - backup to CW and Powell

I hope they don't pay more than vet min for a third center...
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • ItsGoTime
(06-30-2022, 06:11 PM)Winter Wrote: He will know his role here - backup to CW and Powell

AND KLEBER! 

I don't hate him, either. Pretty decent signing FOR THE MINIMUM.
(06-30-2022, 06:11 PM)Winter Wrote: I'm not a big fan of McGee, but here's the thing.

He knows Kidd well

As I said, I'm not a big fan, but this is what you're looking for in a big when you have two players ahead of him in the depth chart. he was never going to compete for heavy rotation minutes. But if CW fouls out and Powell is injured, that's the guy.

Inexpensive, short term and brings a skillset to the rotation that no one else has while being an improved offensive player as well.  He's a great backup that will know he is a backup.
(06-30-2022, 06:11 PM)Winter Wrote: I'm not a big fan of McGee, but here's the thing.

He knows Kidd well

Mavs need Wings more than anything right now after the CW trade. 

As it stands, Bullock and DFS are bound to play 40 mins/night in the playoffs again.