Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart
(08-30-2020, 05:29 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:22 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:15 PM)FunkBoreland Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 10:56 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Today we may be almost forced to find out if Boban is worth the 3.5 million investment we have in him next year and perhaps the 4.5 million for the following year. I hope he is and that Rick can maximize his presence when we need him. He is pretty clearly the only guy we have who can indeed slow Harrell. Offensively, he is skilled but seems to get sped up way too easily and also gets stripped of the ball way to much.

Like everyone else on the team, I watch them individually and as a 5 on the floor for improvement. Today is a huge opportunity to show improvement under pressure.

He did great today, he led the team with +/- with 16, his presence put the Mavs rally within 6 points in a elimination game. Yes, he can't be relied on for the whole game, but he does give you great spurts.

He is almost an automatic bucket and his sheer size can help defend the rim. He isn't a Shawn Bradley. Boban is legit. Totally worth the investment just from a production standpoint. Add in his chemistry with Luka and it makes his contract incredible. Dude is the goofy guy that holds locker rooms together.

The Mavs only had a single active misstep last offseason - Wright. Curry, Maxi, DFS, and Bobi were all good pickups for their contracts. It was what they didn't do that made last summer an absolute killer.
They traded Harrison Barnes for peanuts, which to me was purely to acquire space for a FA, because otherwise they would certainly have found a trade for something of more substance in return. They were specifically looking for an expiring though, which limited the trade partners. That they only had one genuine star target in Kemba planned for and failed, given all the players available that flew off the table while they sat on their ass waiting was another failure. They should have done better than simply a couple good role players and some good value contract renewals of our own players, given the Barnes trade was made purely for that reason.
Like Reply
Mavs missed out on a bunch of difference makers and instead put their eggs in the Danny Green basket for some reason.

Bobby Portis is a tough guy that would fit in good with the Mavs in a S&T scenario with NYK. You would have to have his buy-in and would need to prob send NYK both picks to take Wright. I think finding a player like that, 25 years old and an excellent fit in the frontcourt would be worth it.

Nevermind I thought he was better defensively
Like Reply
(08-31-2020, 10:56 AM)Dundalis Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:15 PM)FunkBoreland Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 10:56 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Today we may be almost forced to find out if Boban is worth the 3.5 million investment we have in him next year and perhaps the 4.5 million for the following year. I hope he is and that Rick can maximize his presence when we need him. He is pretty clearly the only guy we have who can indeed slow Harrell. Offensively, he is skilled but seems to get sped up way too easily and also gets stripped of the ball way to much.

Like everyone else on the team, I watch them individually and as a 5 on the floor for improvement. Today is a huge opportunity to show improvement under pressure.

He did great today, he led the team with +/- with 16, his presence put the Mavs rally within 6 points in a elimination game. Yes, he can't be relied on for the whole game, but he does give you great spurts.

He is almost an automatic bucket and his sheer size can help defend the rim. He isn't a Shawn Bradley. Boban is legit. Totally worth the investment just from a production standpoint. Add in his chemistry with Luka and it makes his contract incredible. Dude is the goofy guy that holds locker rooms together.

The Mavs only had a single active misstep last offseason - Wright. Curry, Maxi, DFS, and Bobi were all good pickups for their contracts. It was what they didn't do that made last summer an absolute killer.
They traded Harrison Barnes for peanuts, which to me was purely to acquire space for a FA, because otherwise they would certainly have found a trade for something of more substance in return. They were specifically looking for an expiring though, which limited the trade partners. That they only had one genuine star target in Kemba planned for and failed, given all the players available that flew off the table while they sat on their ass waiting was another failure. They should have done better than simply a couple good role players and some good value contract renewals of our own players, given the Barnes trade was made purely for that reason.

???? I said it was what they didn't do that was killer. That was a D-minus offseason generously graded, and that's with those four good contracts they signed.
Like Reply
(08-31-2020, 01:34 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 10:56 AM)Dundalis Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:15 PM)FunkBoreland Wrote: He did great today, he led the team with +/- with 16, his presence put the Mavs rally within 6 points in a elimination game. Yes, he can't be relied on for the whole game, but he does give you great spurts.

???? I said it was what they didn't do that was killer. That was a D-minus offseason generously graded, and that's with those four good contracts they signed.
I wasn't disagreeing just adding the specifics. I guess you could posit Barnes as an active misstep in retrospect, since they should have acquired a better return, but that's purely in hindsight.
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:22 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: He is almost an automatic bucket and his sheer size can help defend the rim. He isn't a Shawn Bradley. Boban is legit. Totally worth the investment just from a production standpoint. Add in his chemistry with Luka and it makes his contract incredible. Dude is the goofy guy that holds locker rooms together.

He is indeed automatic bucket. We should do everything we can to keep him. He is super productive on offense, and I feel he can be used even better than currently, he is really a weapon.

On defensive side, I have been really dissapointed by his contribution. His sheer size does not I think defend the rim. He is way to slow, and I do not know how many times opponets scored in the paint, despite him having a great position to prevent it. Size is not enough, also the quick feet and feel to make the block. I think KP and Maxi are great at this, however both of them in playoffs did not show this ability and Clippers scored with ease under the rim. I think this entire series that our rim protection was not adequate. Whether this is due to KP and Maxi not playing their best D, or Clippers just being better, or a combination, I do not know. With Bobi I know, his ri protection was never good, and that is not due to size, but rather his inability to move quickly under the rim.

On offense, he is a weapon. Also like you mention great chemistry with Luka and everyone, and we need to do everything we can to keep Bobi.
Like Reply
(01-31-2020, 03:36 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Aaron Gordon
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply