Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
That is incredibly sad. You can tell they had a special relationship. She looked healthy the last time she was interviewed.

Cannot believe our medical technology still can’t do anything with this disease
Like Reply
For whatever reason the news of DLive's mom passing hit me hard. I hope he's good.

I know Dwight and Kyrie both lost their moms around the same age as well. It doesn't make it easier, but I hope they can help him through this time.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/17...4863897872

Moment of silence last night followed with a nice moment between Lively and the fans.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(04-13-2024, 09:20 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: For whatever reason the news of DLive's mom passing hit me hard. I hope he's good.

I know Dwight and Kyrie both lost their moms around the same age as well. It doesn't make it easier, but I hope they can help him through this time.

Reading Derek's statement hit me. Eyes got a slight leak.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
@All_Things_Mavs
OUT for the Mavs tomorrow:

Luka Doncic
Kyrie Irving
Derrick Jones Jr
Dereck Lively II
PJ Washington
Daniel Gafford
Dante Exum
Greg Brown III
Like Reply
(04-13-2024, 06:58 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @All_Things_Mavs

Luka Doncic
Kyrie Irving
Derrick Jones Jr
Dereck Lively II
PJ Washington
Daniel Gafford
Dante Exum
Greg Brown III

Green, Hardy, Hardaway are available for the right trade
[-] The following 1 user Likes youzigizag's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply

Luka Doncic
Kyrie Irving
Derrick Jones Jr
Dereck Lively II
PJ Washington
Daniel Gafford
Dante Exum
Greg Brown III
Dang!!!! GBIII is sitting out tomorrow. I’m not going to watch now!

As far as Lively is concerned, I felt the same as many reading his message. Hard not to be emotional.  As a father of 3 boys, I can’t imagine my guys without their mom and dad.  I hope Dereck has some solid family and friends to fall on because (even though he has come across as quite mature) he’s still only a kid.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 1 user Likes OBX Maverick's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
We need to think about it and consider ourselves lucky he is way too young to lose his Mom. So glad I still have mine.
Like Reply

Luka Doncic
Kyrie Irving
Derrick Jones Jr
Dereck Lively II
PJ Washington
Daniel Gafford
Dante Exum
Greg Brown III

Don’t understand why they are playing Kleber. Is he still rounding into form or something?

Edit: Saw a tweet in another thread that states that he‘s out, too.
Like Reply

Luka Doncic
Kyrie Irving
Derrick Jones Jr
Dereck Lively II
PJ Washington
Daniel Gafford
Dante Exum
Greg Brown III

So the only three of our ten best players who will suit up are Maxi, Green, and OMax.

Not a misprint.
Like Reply
(04-13-2024, 10:28 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: So the only three of our ten best players who will suit up are Maxi, Green, and OMax.

Not a misprint.

Kleber‘s out as well - see my post right above yours.

I actually think that games a great test for Hardy and especially O-Max. If O-Max were to deliver and hold his own defensively he could even become a joker if we are in need in the playoffs, because some offensive player is destroying us game after game.
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 05:03 AM)Knutsen Wrote: Kleber‘s out as well - see my post right above yours.

I actually think that games a great test for Hardy and especially O-Max. If O-Max were to deliver and hold his own defensively he could even become a joker if we are in need in the playoffs, because some offensive player is destroying us game after game.

They don’t have much of a chance with no point guards. Hardy is better with others creating for him and it’s the only option for Omax. I much more interested seeing those guys in reasonable lineups with limited roles than thrown to the wolves. This is going to be ugly with a motivated OKC.
Like Reply
Just wondering about the Clipper’s matchups against KL, PG, and Harden. Not sure who Luka guards. Are we going to get some small ball lineups with Luka at the 5?
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 11:24 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Just wondering about the Clipper’s matchups against KL, PG, and Harden. Not sure who Luka guards.  Are we going to get some small ball lineups with Luka at the 5?

Luka played good defense against PG in the past two series against the Clippers. More concerned about Kyrie. He is going to be the smallest player on the floor in the series.
Not to even mention that based on both teams schemes in the regular season we will see all out mismatch hunting. Will be interesting to see who is getting played off the floor. Bigs? Small guards? Non shooters?
Like Reply
The Clippers will be a tougher matchup for us than most are anticipating. I think the Mavs will win - if they play their best and Kidd doesn't shit the bed.
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 11:53 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: The Clippers will be a tougher matchup for us than most are anticipating. I think the Mavs will win - if they play their best and Kidd doesn't shit the bed.

Definitely. I posted it in another thread - they have 5 attacking players on the 1-3 positions with Harden, Leonard, George, Westbrook and Powell, which will make it very tough to hide or at least protect Kyrie and Luka as our worst individual defenders. They will try to at least tire them out during the games, score on them and maybe get them into foul trouble. No other team has that ability in my opinion, not even the Celtics.
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 11:34 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Luka played good defense against PG in the past two series against the Clippers. More concerned about Kyrie. He is going to be the smallest player on the floor in the series.
Not to even mention that based on both teams schemes in the regular season we will see all out mismatch hunting. Will be interesting to see who is getting played off the floor. Bigs? Small guards? Non shooters?

Im really worried about DJJ's shot. I think the Clippers are going to shrink the floor and double as much as possible off of PJ and DJJ and if those guys don't hit 3s it's going to be a long series. 

Kyrie will probably be guarding Harden who isn't exactly an off ball mover and isn't that much bigger than him.
Like Reply
With wins by OKC and Denver, it appears that OKC will be the Mavs second-round opponent.  Nice!
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 04:50 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: With wins by OKC and Denver, it appears that OKC will be the Mavs second-round opponent.  Nice!

And if we make it to the Finals and the Celtics don’t we‘ll have homecourt advantage!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knutsen's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 05:06 PM)Knutsen Wrote: And if we make it to the Finals and the Celtics don’t we‘ll have homecourt advantage!

C’mon, Atlanta!!
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • fifteenth, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply