Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
(04-11-2024, 12:12 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I looked back at the old threads to find a prediction thread and couldn't find it.  Confused

Just search for “Predictions” and it shows up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(04-11-2024, 08:48 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Isn't the phrase "iron sharpens iron?" Or does the phrase exist in multiple forms? Not being nitpicky, just curious.

Both are correct
Like Reply
Mavs Fans For Life (@MavsFansForLife)
Kyrie Irving: “Some guys in that locker room have never experienced fifty wins experience being in 5th place or 4th place or playing against you know a veteran ball club initially in the Clippers. So we're looking forward to that challenge.”
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-11-2024, 04:30 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Mavs Fans For Life (@MavsFansForLife)
Kyrie Irving: “Some guys in that locker room have never experienced fifty wins experience being in 5th place or 4th place or playing against you know a veteran ball club initially in the Clippers. So we're looking forward to that challenge.”

That will be the key. How will Gafford, Washington, Exum, Lively and others perform under the bright lights of the playoffs, coming from losing teams. We know Luka, Ky, THJ, Kleber, and Powell have performed in those circumstances.
Like Reply
50 wins! Nice season. The irony is that Dallas won’t have home court advantage until the NBA finals.
Like Reply
(04-11-2024, 05:16 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: That will be the key. How will Gafford, Washington, Exum, Lively and others perform under the bright lights of the playoffs, coming from losing teams. We know Luka, Ky, THJ, Kleber, and Powell have performed in those circumstances.

Gafford actually performed pretty well in his lone playoff debut against the 76ers when Westbrook was on the Wizards. He played his way into the starting lineup as the series went on and averaged a mind boggling 84% from the field.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
@TheDunkCentral
Stan Van Gundy says Luka Doncic is the greatest offensive player in NBA history

"I think the best offensive player now that I've ever seen is Luka Dončić...as strictly an offensive player, I think he's the best I've ever seen."
Like Reply
Daniel and PJ will continue to perform in the playoffs. their significance will be even more visible come playoffs where games are generally more physical than regular season. lively is a rookie while Dante played overseas last season and they were both outstanding players in their respective leagues I guess. I understand the concern though but they ain't Christian Wood. They are all good defensive players actually.
Like Reply
(04-12-2024, 02:21 AM)LukaMVP Wrote: Daniel and PJ will continue to perform in the playoffs. their significance will be even more visible come playoffs where games are generally more physical than regular season. lively is a rookie while Dante played overseas last season and they were both outstanding players in their respective leagues I guess. I understand the concern though but they ain't Christian Wood. They are all good defensive players actually.

This is the beauty of being a 5th seed. You don't have to go through a series of win or go home games. You are guaranteed multiple games, so any butterflies the new guys may feel can be dealt with early on in the series. Personnally, I think there's going to be more excitement about playing in the post season than worrying about performance.

I'm thinking that, with the current lineup, DAL will be in a position to make the opponent adjust to their play rather than the reverse.

Not really playing for much tonight. Just don't get anyone hurt in an end of season matchup against one of the leagues worst teams.
Like Reply
(04-12-2024, 09:29 AM)michaeltex Wrote: This is the beauty of being a 5th seed. You don't have to go through a series of win or go home games. You are guaranteed multiple games, so any butterflies the new guys may feel can be dealt with early on in the series. Personnally, I think there's going to be more excitement about playing in the post season than worrying about performance.

I'm thinking that, with the current lineup, DAL will be in a position to make the opponent adjust to their play rather than the reverse.

Not really playing for much tonight. Just don't get anyone hurt in an end of season matchup against one of the leagues worst teams.

Kyrie is out tonight, Luka questionable.
Like Reply
Final efficiency landscape for this year!

[Image: GK9yV6UWkAAe9-C?format=jpg&name=large]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
I might point out that DAL has beaten the #2 and both #3 defensive teams in the last few weeks. And the LACs are nowhere close in rating for either offense or defense.
Like Reply
Warriors not going to be an easy out for whoever draws them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
(04-12-2024, 03:33 PM)MFFL Wrote: Warriors not going to be an easy out for whoever draws them.

Wouldn’t a long, intense first round series against the Nuggets sound good…?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knutsen's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
https://www.instagram.com/p/C5ra9AjJRAH/...ZmY1dGFqdQ==

@derecklively

derecklively
My heart breaks saying goodbye to the most important person in the world to me, my best friend, my superhero, my biggest cheerleader and mom, Kathy Drysdale. There is no one in this world that can love you more than your mother. As strong and stubborn as she is I have watched her struggle, fight and survive cancer for the past 11 years and now her battle has ended surround by family, friends and her teammates. I truly can’t imagine my life without her but I know I have an angel in the stands always and forever cheering my one and yelling at me if I’m bullshitting.

My mom was a beautiful soul, loved by every person who crossed her path and by every team I have played for from Team Final to West Town to Duke to the Mavericks. Thank you to Dr. Hall and the incredible nurses and team at UT Southwestern Hospital, and to the Mavericks for their constant support without them I wouldn’t have had these final precious moments. I love u and will always miss u as well , just know I’ll be ok mom. Fly high
[-] The following 6 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth, From Dirk to Luka, michaeltex, MrGoat, The Jom
Like Reply
@townbrad
Jason Kidd on the passing of Kathy Drysdale, Dereck Lively II’s mom. Lively actually made a point to come to shootaround this morning to address his “second family,” before Kathy’s passing.
Like Reply
(04-12-2024, 07:10 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://www.instagram.com/p/C5ra9AjJRAH/...ZmY1dGFqdQ==

@derecklively

derecklively
My heart breaks saying goodbye to the most important person in the world to me, my best friend, my superhero, my biggest cheerleader and mom, Kathy Drysdale. There is no one in this world that can love you more than your mother. As strong and stubborn as she is I have watched her struggle, fight and survive cancer for the past 11 years and now her battle has ended surround by family, friends and her teammates. I truly can’t imagine my life without her but I know I have an angel in the stands always and forever cheering my one and yelling at me if I’m bullshitting.

My mom was a beautiful soul, loved by every person who crossed her path and by every team I have played for from Team Final to West Town to Duke to the Mavericks. Thank you to Dr. Hall and the incredible nurses and team at UT Southwestern Hospital, and to the Mavericks for their constant support without them I wouldn’t have had these final precious moments. I love u and will always miss u as well , just know I’ll be ok mom. Fly high

RIP
Like Reply
I thought she was doing fine. That´s messed up.  Cry
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • fifteenth, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
I feel so sad for Lively. Thought his mom looked healthy. I'm shocked. He's so damn strong though for still showing up tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Yeah really terrible about DLive’s mom. Sending my prayers up now for the kid. Dude just turned 20 and both his parents are gone……just so sad.

She was always around the team too. Even lived with him. Kidd said Lively spoke to the team before the game today and right before she passed. Man i just know that our guys and the mavs org will be there for him. Glad he found a good home here with us
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • fifteenth, TurkishMFFL
Like Reply