Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
Luka’s defense is on the come.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(03-27-2024, 02:28 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Aren't these levels considered contender-level stats?

Historically, if you weren't in the top 10 of both offensive and defensive ratings you had no chance to win a chip.

Mavs have been at another level post TDL. 

Injuries has destroyed this season, hopefully they can continue to finish strong.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
[Image: GJqC_TRWYAAy52k?format=jpg&name=large]

Luka has spoken! He liked this tweet!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-27-2024, 06:50 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Luka may or may not win an MVP or be elevated into GOAT discussions, but it won’t be because of his offense. He may be the best purely offensive player I’ve seen, comparable to Jordan or Kareem on that end of the floor. But he’s nowhere near those guys on defense, though not so bad that you can’t scheme him into decent defensive matchups.

Kareem's offensive arsenal was nothing compared to Luka's IMO.

MJ, Kobe, Luka... I feel like these three should be the comp for the best offensive player regardless of era, because of their overall skill-set.
Like Reply
Kings are high key fucked if they lose again on Friday.

Mavs could cement themselves out of the play in with that win and force the Kings to fight for their lives given their schedule. Of course nothing is guaranteed. But a 2 game lead and a potential tie breaker over the Kings since the Mavs could end up division winners.

Not getting ahead here though. They still have to actually come out against a motivated and rested Kings team with Luka still hobbled. A long shot, but just thinking about how the Mavs could ruin the Kings season with a win on Friday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Lukedoncic
Like Reply
(03-28-2024, 07:40 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Kings are high key fucked if they lose again on Friday.

Mavs could cement themselves out of the play in with that win and force the Kings to fight for their lives given their schedule. Of course nothing is guaranteed. But a 2 game lead and a potential tie breaker over the Kings since the Mavs could end up division winners.

Not getting ahead here though. They still have to actually come out against a motivated and rested Kings team with Luka still hobbled. A long shot, but just thinking about how the Mavs could ruin the Kings season with a win on Friday.
Subconsciously the Kings are in an uphill battle. There’s something to all these teams that passed on Luka in the draft. Luka owns those teams(Kangz, Sons, Hawks) 

There’s also the fact that we added to our team at the TDL and showed belief in them. We had similar weaknesses to the Kings pre-TDL
Like Reply
SactownBabyGiraffe (@TimMaxwell22)
The Dallas Mavericks are 16-6 since the trade deadline, the second-best team in the NBA.

The Sacramento Kings are 13-10 since the trade deadline, the 14th-best team in the NBA.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1773438255805157434

Mavs shootaround in Sac today
Like Reply
(03-28-2024, 03:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1773438255805157434

Mavs shootaround in Sac today

Good to see Lively practicing free throws. The most glaring hole in his game right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-28-2024, 03:36 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: SactownBabyGiraffe (@TimMaxwell22)
The Dallas Mavericks are 16-6 since the trade deadline, the second-best team in the NBA.

The Sacramento Kings are 13-10 since the trade deadline, the 14th-best team in the NBA.

And that includes a stretch where we lost 5 of 6 games. We‘ve been very good otherwise, actually it‘s 17-6 over our last 23 games. Let‘s hope we keep that momentum and stay healthy, especially the fragile guys like Kyrie, Exum and Kleber.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knutsen's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Now, the big decision - rest Luka on Sunday, or no? Rockets will be as tough as anyone right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Lukedoncic
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 11:46 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Now, the big decision - rest Luka on Sunday, or no? Rockets will be as tough as anyone right now.

How can we? They've won 11 in a row. I don't think we can afford a loss to rest Luka. Every game is too important the rest of the way. Unless he's legit injured and can't play, I don't see any rest coming except maybe at the very end if our seed is locked in.
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 11:46 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Now, the big decision - rest Luka on Sunday, or no? Rockets will be as tough as anyone right now.

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

My first game in person since Covid.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 3 users Like The Jom's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Sean Cunningham (@SeanCunningham)
Luka Doncic as he puts away the Kings tonight in Sacramento with his final free throw, then as the final horn sounds, waves goodbye to former Kings GM Vlade Divac seated courtside and says "he shoulda' drafted me."

https://x.com/SeanCunningham/status/1773...49399?s=20
Like Reply

Kidd just said that Luka is fine despite all the limping and grimacing. He's not 100%, but I don't think they can afford to rest him at all.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Lukedoncic
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 11:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Sean Cunningham (@SeanCunningham)
Luka Doncic as he puts away the Kings tonight in Sacramento with his final free throw, then as the final horn sounds, waves goodbye to former Kings GM Vlade Divac seated courtside and says "he shoulda' drafted me."

https://x.com/SeanCunningham/status/1773...49399?s=20

See the responses? Now Luka has to win the Larry this year to shut them up.

(03-29-2024, 11:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Kidd just said that Luka is fine despite all the limping and grimacing. He's not 100%, but I don't think they can afford to rest him at all.

So, are we that sure that there's no correlation between Achilles soreness and an Achilles rupture? We can afford losing a few games a million times more than the latter.
Like Reply
(03-04-2024, 11:17 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Perfect measurements for a SF/PF. 6'8 with a 7'1 wingspan. But he has a long way to go as a basketball player. Basically hustle/defense only. Cannot shoot or handle the ball.

(03-29-2024, 11:49 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: How can we? They've won 11 in a row. I don't think we can afford a loss to rest Luka. Every game is too important the rest of the way. Unless he's legit injured and can't play, I don't see any rest coming except maybe at the very end if our seed is locked in.

Luka can rest when we avoid the play in.

(03-30-2024, 12:04 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: See the responses? Now Luka has to win the Larry this year to shut them up.

So, are we that sure that there's no correlation between Achilles soreness and an Achilles rupture? We can afford losing a few games a million times more than the latter.

Ow that is true! But we just don’t know.
Like Reply
(03-30-2024, 12:04 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: See the responses? Now Luka has to win the Larry this year to shut them up.

Medically speaking, soreness isn't a specific injury. It's just a feeling. There is no history that soreness leads to anything more. 

Now IF the Mavs said achilles tendonitis, or an actual injury to the achilles, then yes you can be worried then. Although rare, achilles tendonitis can lead to a rupture in some cases. However, they have never said anything more than soreness. And despite the limp and grimacing, Luka is running pretty well 99% of the time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Brad Townsend (@townbrad)
For the record, Doncic said he bloodied his left knee and that ""the right one I fell on it twice. Then on a step-back I hurt it a little bit more, but it's fine. It'll be fine."
Like Reply
[Image: GJ5Ja1gW4AAxTEa?format=jpg&name=large]

Luka and Kyrie after that gutty Kings win!
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Lukedoncic, MFFL
Like Reply