Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1...2527831519

Gafford can tie history next game.
Like Reply
[Image: GImQoc7XEAABsrA?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka, Reunion Mav, Smitty
Like Reply
Did Dan leave the board?
[-] The following 2 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 09:34 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Did Dan leave the board?

I've seen his handle pop up reading the forum from time to time. 

So no he's still around. Perhaps we need to do a summoning ritual for basketball knowledge....
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 11:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I've seen his handle pop up reading the forum from time to time. 

So no he's still around. Perhaps we need to do a summoning ritual for basketball knowledge....

Dan and F Gump. Two of our very best posters. And Sefant pops in with the occasional nugget. We need more of you guys! Can we bribe you with beer or sumthing?
[-] The following 2 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • Knutsen, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(@RunItBackFDTV)
"Good news for the Mavericks, the MRI was clean on that hamstring, it's not believed to be a serious injury...They have that showdown against the Nuggets on Sunday, there's obviously hope internally with the Mavericks that Luka Doncic will fine for that game."

@ShamsCharania updates on Luka Doncic.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
@townbrad
Kidd says X-rays came back negative on Green's ankle.
[-] The following 5 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Seems like two very big victories on the injury front. Thank goodness!
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(03-13-2024, 03:33 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Grmies is a perfect fit but he also just got traded to the Pistons as part of their franchise moving forward.  He isn't available anymore.

So did Fontecchio for that matter.  Neither are gettable for the foreseeable future.

The Mavs have a good roster. They’ve tremendously underachieved this year. I think it’s coaching but some can reasonably point to injuries. Looking forward the team is still one player, new coaching, and some injury luck short. My research finds only one player who fits the exact archetype needed; could potentially slot in as the league’s 50th to 70th best player; and is acquirable given availability, trade assets, and cap space:  OMax.

There’s really not much else the Mavs can do right now except tinker, hold on to their key guys, improve their training program, change coaching staffs, and pray that OMax becomes an unexpectedly solid player.
Like Reply
(03-15-2024, 07:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Seems like two very big victories on the injury front. Thank goodness!

The hamstring one is definitely a massive victory.

3 days off for Luka could be enough for him to recoup, although I wouldn't be surprised if he's held back against the Nuggets.

But Green's injury still gives me pause. Its good he didn't break any bones, but those ligaments could still be definitely damaged and can keep him out weeks.
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(03-15-2024, 11:02 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: (@RunItBackFDTV)
"Good news for the Mavericks, the MRI was clean on that hamstring, it's not believed to be a serious injury...They have that showdown against the Nuggets on Sunday, there's obviously hope internally with the Mavericks that Luka Doncic will fine for that game."

@ShamsCharania updates on Luka Doncic.

(03-16-2024, 10:49 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: The hamstring one is definitely a massive victory.

3 days off for Luka could be enough for him to recoup, although I wouldn't be surprised if he's held back against the Nuggets.

But Green's injury still gives me pause. Its good he didn't break any bones, but those ligaments could still be definitely damaged and can keep him out weeks.

Yeah, I’m expecting Josh back a couple games before the playoffs to get his legs/wind back. Anything before that is a bonus. 

Also hoping they are cautious with Luka against Denver and even SA on Tuesday if it’s still giving him any problems.
Like Reply
(03-16-2024, 10:02 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: My research finds only one player who fits the exact archetype needed; could potentially slot in as the league’s 50th to 70th best player; and is acquirable given availability, trade assets, and cap space:  OMax

Taylor Hendricks is exactly the kind of Forward that you want next to Luka. Like the modern equivalent of Pippen to MJ. 6'10", highly mobile, shoots the three, can drive to the rim, low-usage, superb defender in the paint and on the perimeter, good rebounder. Hendricks is like the Billionaire's version of O-Max.

And guess who has him? Wink

The Mavs missed out by trading down instead of trading one up. Although, Lively has been very good, the Mavs could have gotten what they're getting out of Lively (and more) from someone like Jericho Sims, and then still have had Hendricks on top of that.

Oh well, I'm glad to have Lively atleast, instead of the muppet clown Dwight, so I won't stress this topic.
Like Reply
(03-16-2024, 02:40 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: Taylor Hendricks is exactly the kind of Forward that you want next to Luka. Like the modern equivalent of Pippen to MJ. 6'10", highly mobile, shoots the three, can drive to the rim, low-usage, superb defender in the paint and on the perimeter, good rebounder. Hendricks is like the Billionaire's version of O-Max.

The Mavs missed out by trading down instead of trading one up. Although, Lively has been very good, the Mavs could have gotten what they're getting out of Lively (and more) from someone like Jericho Sims, and then still have had Hendricks on top of that.

Oh well, I'm glad to have Lively atleast, instead of the muppet clown Dwight, so I won't stress this topic.

If the Mavs had drafted Hendricks instead of Lively this year, they'd be solidly below the Warriors in the standings. Thank goodness they didn't do that and aren't tanking this (bad draft) year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • MFFL, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(03-16-2024, 02:47 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: If the Mavs had drafted Hendricks instead of Lively this year, they'd be solidly below the Warriors in the standings. Thank goodness they didn't do that and aren't tanking this (bad draft) year.

Fair enough, Hendricks is very raw.

But I think you're projecting based on Hendricks at PF. What if the Mavs were to use him at Center for this season, while he gets acclimatized to the league?

- Kyrie, Green, Luka, PJ, Hendricks

There's your highly mobile, floor-spacing, defensively versatile big man... for the playoffs.
Like Reply
Brunson scored 42 and did the Mavs a solid tonight beating the Kings. He also showed that he’s probably a little better than Kyrie now, though both are excellent players. He’s definitely younger, cheaper, more durable and the best leader in the NBA. What could have been. Hopefully, the Mavs can at least be a 6th seed. This game was huge in that quest.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-16-2024, 02:40 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: Taylor Hendricks is exactly the kind of Forward that you want next to Luka. Like the modern equivalent of Pippen to MJ. 6'10", highly mobile, shoots the three, can drive to the rim, low-usage, superb defender in the paint and on the perimeter, good rebounder. Hendricks is like the Billionaire's version of O-Max.

I wasn’t doing theoretical. The Mavs have no ammo to acquire the player they need right now, so hopefully OMax can translate 95% of his GLeague stats into the NBA starting next year.
Like Reply
(03-17-2024, 12:18 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Brunson scored 42 and did the Mavs a solid tonight beating the Kings. He also showed that he’s probably a little better than Kyrie now, though both are excellent players. He’s definitely younger, cheaper, more durable and the best leader in the NBA.  What could have been. Hopefully, the Mavs can at least be a 6th seed. This game was huge in that quest.

Kyrie has been averaging 25/5/4 a night on 50/40/100 since the ASB. 

JB in that span 24/2/7 on 43/33/90

Brunson is great dont get me wrong. He is a 1st option. But Kyrie has been out of this world the the last 3 weeks. 

If we want to go back since February, Mavs are 13-5 in their last 18 and Kyrie is at 26/5/5/ on 52/43/94.

JB since February the Knicks are 7-7 in the games JB played and he's at 29/3/6 on 46/33/87.
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Brunson is worlds better than Irving
Like Reply
(03-17-2024, 12:59 AM)GATA Wrote: Brunson is worlds better than Irving

I admire your commitment of your blind hate of Kyrie. 

The stats don't really back you up here. Eye test is neck and neck. What world are you referring to?
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Lukedoncic, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(03-17-2024, 12:55 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Kyrie has been averaging 25/5/4 a night on 50/40/100 since the ASB. 

JB in that span 24/2/7 on 43/33/90

Brunson is great dont get me wrong. He is a 1st option. But Kyrie has been out of this world the the last 3 weeks. 

If we want to go back since February, Mavs are 13-5 in their last 18 and Kyrie is at 26/5/5/ on 52/43/94.

JB since February the Knicks are 7-7 in the games JB played and he's at 29/3/6 on 46/33/87.

Remember the Mavs-Knicks game. Knicks had seven active players. Brunson has been carrying a roster without Robinson, Anunoby and Randle. Even the backup center Hartenstein missed a lot of games. Not exactly a fair comparisation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply