Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
Isaac is not a player you trade for now that he´s rebuild some of his value just like Collins, Ayton. The time to get them was five months ago, when you could have gotten them for virtually nothing. It´s also not the time to trade (major) assets for Drummond or Bitadze, when you could have had them for NOTHING six months ago.

Now is the time to find the next distressed asset and pounce on them.

I´d keep an eye on PJ Washington. Trade eligible on Nov. 27th.

3 points game---> loss
3 points game --> loss
benched against Boston, horrible plus/minus --> win
DNP foot injury --> win

I still don´t think the Hornets have any plans for him. They just didn´t want to lose him for nothing. Problem with the trade right now is that moron Bridges having his pending court date at the end of February. Seems unlikely the Hornets will move on from Washington until they have some clarity there.

THJ for Washington works.

THJ + Holmes + Kleber + 2027 for Hayward + Washington works.

You should operate under the assumption/knowledge that you can re-sign Hayward for a reasonable deal next summer. Now you are basically looking for a Gafford type center, which are a lot easier to find than a Washington/Hayward on value contracts.

Doncic/Exum
Irving/Green
DJJ/Hayward
Williams/Washington
Lively/Powell

That´s a completely different bench, cause Hayward and Washington can put the ball on the floor and flat out score. Game becomes a lot easier for Exum, Green and Powell as the limited offensive roleplayers they are, when Hayward and Washington can put the pressure on the opposing defense.

Big Ball

Doncic
Irving
Hayward
Washington
Lively

or

Small Ball

Doncic
Irving
Hayward
Williams
Washington

Healthy those units don´t have to fear anybody.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 03:37 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Isaac is not a player you trade for now that he´s rebuild some of his value just like Collins, Ayton. The time to get them was five months ago, when you could have gotten them for virtually nothing..

There was never a good time to get Ayton. He still sucks. Maybe even worse than ever. (Ask anyone who is a Blazer fan what they think of him.) And he still has that massive contract that kills your ability to spend.

He is big, but he doesn't like being one. He can rebound. But he shies away from contact on the court (making his game sorta listless and unengaged) and he has bad hands. He doesn't want to get to the basket. He rarely shoots fouls because he's so intent on avoiding contact. He's not a force.

His story reinforces why trading for someone else's incredibly overpriced trash with the thought you can wave a magic wand and make him different, and good, is asking for a HUGE team-killing mistake. With an almost-hard cap world, having a worthless player on your payroll with a huge salary is going to massively handicap your ability to get the players you need.

The Mavs didn't mess up by passing on him - instead, they dodged a bullet.

I'm not convinced Isaac is all that special either. His minutes are very sparse (only 13 mpg), indicating either severe physical limits or a lack of utility. He's certainly not worth his 17M contract, so it's likely he could be had fairly easily. BUT - whether he's really worth having, that's very much in question. His physical limits might be permanent.
[-] The following 4 users Like F Gump's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
Yea definitely dodged a bullet with Ayton. He was barely trying before getting paid and definitely isn't doing anything after getting paid.

https://streamable.com/kpluod

These screens make KP and Wood's look all world. Luka would demand this guy be traded the next day. At least he isn't committing moving screen fouls I guess.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jakeospikez's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 05:36 PM)Jakeospikez Wrote: Yea definitely dodged a bullet with Ayton. He was barely trying before getting paid and definitely isn't doing anything after getting paid.

https://streamable.com/kpluod

These screens make KP and Wood's look all world. Luka would demand this guy be traded the next day. At least he isn't committing moving screen fouls I guess.

It was clear whom he is.
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 12:35 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: IMO, THJ's value (to contending teams as you differentiated well) will never be higher.  Point here is that the list of teams who think they are in contention now is much longer than at the TDL.  Look at HOU for example.  7-6.  They think they have a chance at least the play-in, yet only have Jalen Green as a true SG on the roster, yet a glut of SFs and SF/PFs.  Ditto for Utah, except lacking at SF.

I think I'd be willing to give up Jaden Hardy to get Tari Eason.  I don't think we could give up THJ and Hardy though.  That would leave us thin in the backcourt.  Jaden Hardy for Tari Eason straight up would be a good deal for us though.  I'm not sure the Rockets would want another high-usage guard though.  FVV, Jalen Green and Dillon Brooks all like to shoot a lot.  

If I were Nico Harrison though, I would make that offer.  I share your enthusiasm for Tari Eason as the perfect combo forward for our roster.
Like Reply
Mark Followill (@MFollowill)
Pelicans win at Clippers 116-106 which eliminates the Mavs from any chance of reaching the KO stage of the In-Season Tournament. West Group B standings
NO 3-1
HOU 2-1
DEN 2-2
DAL 1-2
LAC 1-3
On Tues, Mavs host Houston. If HOU wins, they win the group. Mavs win & NO wins Group B
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Check out "All The Smoke" featuring your boy, Mark Cuban. Pretty entertaining and revealing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
That Eason trade is very unrealistic...not only do you like him, the kid is very valuable, he is an excellent rebounder, perfect size, good defense, he can shoot 3, even put the ball on the floor...and you think that Do they trade him for Hardy? I wish, but it wouldn't happen... you could send O-Max and our available FRP and they would continue to happen... eventually Tari will start at 4 and Smith will be the backup 4/5 or he will start at 3 and they will move Brooks who won't It's on your timeline

Editors note: fixed the formatting issues so that people can see what you wrote.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mike lorenzo's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Mavs G-league team lost last night (2-4) for the season. Our former NBA (Jackson and Pinson) were outgunned by Tre Burke and Michael Carter Williams in overtime.

Greg Brown hurt his ankle but finished the game with his second game in a row with 7 blocks and over 20 points.
Like Reply
caught like two minutes of the Orlando game because Isaac was in...my eyes were glued on him the entire time.

i thought he moved exceptionally well.

small sample size
Like Reply
Isaac for THJ would really balance out both teams roster. If we could get a 2nd or two out of them it would be a no brainer. We’re still in the team building phase of all of this. Isaac would give us the big we need for matchups. The guard/wing minutes freed up would give Green/Curry/Hardy/Exum/Omax the needed minutes for them to blossom. Overall youth and team defense and rebounding would be increased. We’d be in even better position next summer to make a big finishing move
Like Reply
(11-25-2023, 01:02 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Isaac for THJ would really balance out both teams roster.

I don't see how it works for ORL at all.

ORL basically uses a 2-platoon rotation, 2-deep at every position, and typically rotating 10. The starters get the bigger minutes, of course.

THJ would be crammed into what is already a 5-man guard rotation (Suggs, Fultz, Black, Harris, Anthony). Fultz has had injury issues but prized rookie Black has been moved from 3rd string to starter as Fultz is out. Don't see THJ as filling a need, and looks like he would be just roster clutter with an $18M salary.

Isaac is the backup to Banchero at PF. They split 48 minutes. There's not another PF on the roster worth spit.

ORL roster is filled with good players or high-potential ones at every position, playing well (sit 2nd in EC so far), and have no payroll issues (are about $5M under the cap). There is a lot of expected upside in the guys they have, to get even better. I would expect them to be disinterested in juggling their roster unless you really wowed them, because why?
Like Reply
Orlando message board is screaming for shooters.

They dont want to hear any trade unless its for a shooter.

Issac averages 14 minutes I believe.
Like Reply
(11-25-2023, 02:18 PM)F Gump Wrote:  
I don't see how it works for ORL at all.

ORL basically uses a 2-platoon rotation, 2-deep at every position, and typically rotating 10. The starters get the bigger minutes, of course.

THJ would be crammed into what is already a 5-man guard rotation (Suggs, Fultz, Black, Harris, Anthony). Fultz has had injury issues but prized rookie Black has been moved from 3rd string to starter as Fultz is out. Don't see THJ as filling a need, and looks like he would be just roster clutter with an $18M salary.

Isaac is the backup to Banchero at PF. They split 48 minutes. There's not another PF on the roster worth spit.

ORL roster is filled with good players or high-potential ones at every position, playing well (sit 2nd in EC so far), and have no payroll issues (are about $5M under the cap). There is a lot of expected upside in the guys they have, to get even better. I would expect them to be disinterested in juggling their roster unless you really wowed them, because why?

Harris/Isaac for THJ/Kleber?
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
Like Reply
1 " Orlando message board is screaming for shooters. They dont want to hear any trade unless its for a shooter."

Yeah, that's where they are short. None of their players shoots enough 3s to open the floor, and few are that good at it. Harris is their best shooter but doesn't have high volume of 3s. But if you are bringing in guys to be shooters (and they really need several), who out of those players they like is going to be benched (or traded) to give them minutes?

2  "Issac averages 14 minutes I believe."

Yes, and Banchero gets 34. They literally rotate - one comes in, the other goes out.

3 " Harris/Isaac for THJ/Kleber? "

I would. I think each of that pair would be a better fit in Dallas. 

Not sure either team would say yes, though.

Part of the Mavs reluctance being for "chemistry" reasons ie the team-oriented fit of the guys they have, and the warm fuzzies of them being "our guys." Maybe the same in ORL, if they don't perceive there's enough upgrade in it to juggle things.
Like Reply
I dont see much convo on Isaac in trades on their board.

The current convo on Magic RealGM Trade thread is them trying to get something back using Fultz, Wendell Carter Jr(wasnt he a favorite here a couple of years ago) and their draft assets.
Like Reply
(11-25-2023, 04:12 PM)youzigizag Wrote: I dont see much convo on Isaac in trades on their board.

The current convo on Magic RealGM Trade thread is them trying to get something back using Fultz, Wendell Carter Jr(wasnt he a favorite here a couple of years ago) and their draft assets.

They have enough assets to put together a nice package for Lavine, who is a better play-maker than THJ. If they wanted to make a move, why settle for Timmah. 

I think they´ll just enjoy the ride and grow together.  They have TWO players over the age of 26 on their whole roster. TWO. Their three best players are 21, 22 and 22 years old. Everybody seems to like each other. 

Here is the crazy part. All they need to do is let Fultz/Harris walk in the summer and they have max capspace to sign Anunoby outright without even waiving the non-guaranteed Osaac money. Everybody is saying Philly for Anunoby, but that´s the one to keep an eye on. Suggs, Anunoby and Wagner. You have three of the top 15 defenders in the league on the same team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-25-2023, 05:04 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: They have enough assets to put together a nice package for Lavine, who is a better play-maker than THJ. If they wanted to make a move, why settle for Timmah. 

I think they´ll just enjoy the ride and grow together.  They have TWO players over the age of 26 on their whole roster. TWO. Their three best players are 21, 22 and 22 years old. Everybody seems to like each other. 

Here is the crazy part. All they need to do is let Fultz/Harris walk in the summer and they have max capspace to sign Anunoby outright without even waiving the non-guaranteed Osaac money. Everybody is saying Philly for Anunoby, but that´s the one to keep an eye on. Suggs, Anunoby and Wagner. You have three of the top 15 defenders in the league on the same team.

I see posts saying trade all assets for an all in move too.   They think they have something special and want to push all chips in.

Kind of funny I dont see them talking about wanting to obtain a vet.   All we hear on this board is you cant win with youngins.   Lebron wont play with them...supposedly Luka wants seasoned players too.   I would chuckle if Orlando won with all youngsters.

Seems like Tim is cheaper and is very professional...I might take him over Lavine.   Seems like he would probably a better locker room presence than LaVine.
Like Reply
Would the Grizzlies entertain something like Hardy for Aldama or Tillman?
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
Like Reply
We have seen a few really quiet games from Grant lately. I think for us to be a contender moving forward if Grant is starting, we really need to hope for Lively to continue to develop and for us to find that big wing. I think Williams is a borderline starter caliber player on a contender. I think he would be fine as your 5th starter but you need the right type of guys around him.
Like Reply