Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
(07-23-2023, 08:43 AM)The Jom Wrote: Is this real? How stupid of him to say that, regardless of what he thinks.
In 2013. Someone dug this up from his past to stir thing up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(07-23-2023, 12:21 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Time to waive Richaun. 

https://twitter.com/rich_holmes22/status/298187613033078785?s=61&t=Zmns3TEXDYnIJIXeN05-eQ

I started as many NBA games as he did last year.  Dude is a clown and cancer.  He will be negative value for us.  I love OMax and think he's worth the Holmes anchor, but y'all please stop pretending he's going to be anything but what he's been the last 2 years.  When someone shows you who they are, believe them.
Like Reply
(07-23-2023, 12:28 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: I started as many NBA games as he did last year.  Dude is a clown and cancer.  He will be negative value for us.  I love OMax and think he's worth the Holmes anchor, but y'all please stop pretending he's going to be anything but what he's been the last 2 years.  When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

For clarity (thought this was obvious) I posted that 2013 "Garnet over Dirk" tweet as a joke. I think his take was factually incorrect, but I couldn't care less about it relative to his upcoming season here. 

I agree with your skepticism about Holmes' impact here, but "cancer?" Do we have reason to believe that's what he is? I don't know of any.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • MFFL, michaeltex, The Jom
Like Reply
(07-23-2023, 12:39 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: For clarity (thought this was obvious) I posted that 2013 "Garnet over Dirk" tweet as a joke. I think his take was factually incorrect, but I couldn't care less about it relative to his upcoming season here. 

I agree with your skepticism about Holmes' impact here, but "cancer?" Do we have reason to believe that's what he is? I don't know of any.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/n...-explained

My bad...  I didn't realize it ended with his being exonerated.  This isn't a Bridges situation after all.  Domestic abuse allegations have become a strategy in custody cases.  Judges give TROs out like candy on Halloween.  Something like 90% are filed DURING custody disputes.  Cart before the horse there.  Something needs to be done without minimizing protection for ACTUAL victims.
[-] The following 3 users Like Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply
So upon learning what he was going through the last 2 years, does that change the player you think we are getting??

I have a wish to see Holmes be the player he was 3 years ago, who has since been lost due to personal struggles and the acquisition of Sabonis.
[-] The following 2 users Like SkenfromLMF's post:
  • BigDirk41, Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
I am super excited about OMax.  He reminds me so much of Crowder, but longer and thinner...
Crowder (rookie year) - 6'-7", 240lbs, 6'-9" wingspan
OMax - 6'-8", 230lbs, 7'-1" wingspan

I can see OMax tremendous on switches, like Maxi.  The only thing that I can see keeping him out of the rotation this year as a flex SF-PF is his outside shot.  I hope he develops that quicker than Crowder.  I really think Crowder's rookie year is the floor for OMax...
78gms, 17.3mins, 5.0pts, 2.4rbs, 38.4%fg, 32.8%3pt, 0.8stls

I predict the following for OMax...
70gms, 18mins, 8pts, 4rbs, 45%fg, 31%3pt

(07-23-2023, 01:36 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: So upon learning what he was going through the last 2 years, does that change the player you think we are getting??

I have a wish to see Holmes be the player he was 3 years ago, who has since been lost due to personal struggles and the acquisition of Sabonis.

Yes.  It certainly lowers my skepticism, and given my being in his shoes with false allegations and contentious custody battles, it makes me a fan for his comeback.  Unless you have gone through it, you have no idea how having your kids taken away from you with false allegations crater your life.
Like Reply
(07-23-2023, 12:49 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: My bad...  I didn't realize it ended with his being exonerated.  This isn't a Bridges situation after all.  

I really respect the fact that you changed your opinion after getting more information. That is very rare and special nowadays
[-] The following 8 users Like MFFL's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, Ghost of Podkolzin, KillerLeft, michaeltex, mvossman, SkenfromLMF, Smitty
Like Reply
(07-23-2023, 02:05 PM)MFFL Wrote: I really respect the fact that you changed your opinion after getting more information. That is very rare and special nowadays

Thank you for that.  I try to build my opinions based upon knowns.  I should have researched Holmes a lot more before trashing him and just looking at stats.  That's bad on me.
[-] The following 5 users Like Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • KillerLeft, MFFL, michaeltex, mvossman, SkenfromLMF
Like Reply
Back to OMax...
He reminds me so much of Crowder, but longer and thinner...
OMax - 6'-8", 230lbs, 7'-1" wingspan

I can see OMax tremendous on switches, like Maxi.  The only thing that I can see keeping him out of the rotation this year as a flex SF-PF is his outside shot.  I hope he develops that quicker than Crowder.  I really think Crowder's rookie year is the floor for OMax...

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-23-2023, 03:55 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: Back to OMax...
He reminds me so much of Crowder, but longer and thinner...
OMax - 6'-8", 230lbs, 7'-1" wingspan

I agree. 

We all saw the impact DFS's absence had on this thing, and by all accounts OMax is more mature than the average rookie. I would be shocked if he wasn't a fixture in the rotation by the end of the year. A little surprised if he doesn't start out in the rotation, even. They just don't have another guy like him on the roster. THIS is the type of piece they've been missing most.
Like Reply
yeah that is the thing that our rookies most harsh critics seem to forget when they say we cant start rookies this year.

The alternative is so bad you kind of have to play the rookies because there is this huge talent drop off between them and the other guys.

OMax is way better on D and Williams can fill in at SF if OMAX gets minutes at PF or they can swap off playing either SF or PF so who ever guards bigs better can focus on them and vice versa with smalls.

At center Lively is so much more of a real center you have to play him. All the guys we have to man the 5 are so much more less effective than he is on his worst day that he has to be the choice there.
Like Reply
(07-23-2023, 05:21 PM)myconsumerclub Wrote: yeah that is the thing that our rookies most harsh critics seem to forget when they say we cant start rookies this year.

The alternative is so bad you kind of have to play the rookies because there is this huge talent drop off between them and the other guys.

OMax is way better on D and Williams can fill in at SF if OMAX gets minutes at PF or they can swap off playing either SF or PF so who ever guards bigs better can focus on them and vice versa with smalls.

At center Lively is so much more of a real center you have to play him. All the guys we have to man the 5 are so much more less effective than he is on his worst day that he has to be the choice there.

I feel like this is overstated.  Powell, Maxi, Holmes, Timmy, Green have all played significant minutes as starters and most are at least quality rotational players.  Williams just played 25 minutes a game for a contender.  The alternatives to the rookies are not ideal, but they are not that bad.

Also, are you saying OMax is way better defender than Williams?  Way too early to make that call.  Williams has been playing high level defense in the NBA for years and OMax hasn't played a game yet.  I think he will be really good but it might take him a while to adjust to NBA level.
Like Reply
(07-23-2023, 12:39 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: For clarity (thought this was obvious) I posted that 2013 "Garnet over Dirk" tweet as a joke. I think his take was factually incorrect, but I couldn't care less about it relative to his upcoming season here. 

Obvious? Probably. Didn’t keep me from missing the date. Agree, a non-issue. Now if he says it again this month as a Mav . . . .
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply

No pitchforks? Well, I am sure we will get another opportunity to go full angry mob on a player/coach/owner.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-23-2023, 08:13 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: No pitchforks? Well, I am sure we will get another opportunity to go full angry mob on a player/coach/owner.

No need for pitchforks, Jason Kidd is more than capable of turning this team around 360 degrees from last year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Branduil's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, KillerLeft
Like Reply

I thought your post was funny KL....

But in defense of Mr. Holmes, he has a much better opinion of Dirk from this more recent 2021 Tweet:

https://twitter.com/Rich_Holmes22/status...4193189892
Quote:Richaun Holmes
@Rich_Holmes22
In my opinion Dirk won the toughest ring out of all superstars in 2011…wat y’all think?
8:45 PM · Aug 7, 2021
[-] The following 5 users Like HIMAV's post:
  • KillerLeft, MFFL, Reunion Mav, Smitty, The Jom
Like Reply
(07-23-2023, 06:18 PM)mvossman Wrote: I feel like this is overstated.  Powell, Maxi, Holmes, Timmy, Green have all played significant minutes as starters and most are at least quality rotational players.  Williams just played 25 minutes a game for a contender.  The alternatives to the rookies are not ideal, but they are not that bad.

Also, are you saying OMax is way better defender than Williams?  Way too early to make that call.  Williams has been playing high level defense in the NBA for years and OMax hasn't played a game yet.  I think he will be really good but it might take him a while to adjust to NBA level.
I value Williams D as much if not more than OMax's D. They are the 2 forwards I want starting. Grant can guard centers and has done so often for Boston. That means he is bigger than he looks.

If Holmes comes in and looks like he did 3 seasons ago then we got a steal of a deal and he can start.
Like Reply
After reading both Holmes tweets, the one from 2013 and 2021, I believe the Mavs should waive him forthwith and give him a 5 year max extension.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Jmaciscool, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-24-2023, 01:56 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: After reading both Holmes tweets, the one from 2013 and 2021, I believe the Mavs should waive him forthwith and give him a 5 year max extension.

You really think we have found the new Powell!!1!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkenfromLMF's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
https://clutchpoints.com/mavs-news-grant...cic-dallas

Grant Williams dishes on Devin Booker.
Like Reply