• 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Is Hurt, But is Trudging On | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT
Dr. Evan Jeffries, DPT
@GameInjuryDoc
Depending on severity will determine timeline of healing

Grade I: 1-2 weeks
Grade II: 4-6 weeks
Grade III: Surgery could be likely
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/list...rediction/

“Gafford averaged 15.7 points on 62% shooting and 11 rebounds in three games against OKC. Lively II averaged 12 points on 92% shooting and nine rebounds in two games against OKC.“
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Jom's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
@ShamsCharania
Dallas Mavericks F/C Maxi Kleber has suffered a full dislocation of the AC joint in his right shoulder, sources tell
@TheAthletic

@Stadium
. Kleber is out for a significant period of time, if not the entire postseason. Tough loss for Mavs' frontcourt.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
noooooooooo
Like Reply
Yeah Kleber is done. It was all unecessary too...a rare bad decision by Exum on the fastbreak put Kleber in a bad spot. Had Green ahead and Kyrie on the wing but for some reason Exum decided to give it up to the trailing Kleber at the FT line like he was supposed to finish that  Huh
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • Luka77
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 01:19 PM)The Jom Wrote: https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/list...rediction/

“Gafford averaged 15.7 points on 62% shooting and 11 rebounds in three games against OKC. Lively II averaged 12 points on 92% shooting and nine rebounds in two games against OKC.“

I need a bib.
Like Reply
Thx to Exum and his poor decision making Maxi is hurt. That was an incredibly dumb play by Exum. Its equivalent to a Qb seeing a safety coming down to wax a defenseless WR and throwing him the ball anyway.
[-] The following 2 users Like Luka77's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 03:01 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Thx to Exum and his poor decision making Maxi is hurt.  That was an incredibly dumb play by Exum.  Its equivalent to a Qb seeing a safety coming down to wax a defenseless WR and throwing him the ball anyway.

This sounds like the take of someone who has never played basketball (or football) at all.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 03:34 PM)The Jom Wrote: This sounds like the take of someone who has never played basketball (or football) at all.

Nope, you seem to have no basketball IQ and need to go watch the replay of that play.  Exum's defender is in paint waiting for any drive to the lane.  A simple lob to a streaking Green who would have been behind the defense was the best choice for an easy two point.  His other choices were to take the mid-range jumper with his defender sagging off, pass to Kyrie on the wing for an open three or pull the ball out to start a half court set.

Under no circumstance do you drop off that ball off to a trailer with a defender in the lane.
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 02:24 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @ShamsCharania
Dallas Mavericks F/C Maxi Kleber has suffered a full dislocation of the AC joint in his right shoulder, sources tell
@TheAthletic

@Stadium
. Kleber is out for a significant period of time, if not the entire postseason. Tough loss for Mavs' frontcourt.
Tough tough tough tough blow.

Nowadays health wins Championships - so while of course he can't be replaced, let's see if he can be compensated.
Like Reply
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/4008...definitely

Watch the replay of the play in the story.
Like Reply
Losing Maxi is a killer.

AC joint injuries are weird though. Sometimes you're allowed to return to activity if you can withstand the pain. How he looked though means he's probably out for the rest of the playoffs.
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 04:40 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Losing Maxi is a killer.

AC joint injuries are weird though. Sometimes you're allowed to return to activity if you can withstand the pain. How he looked though means he's probably out for the rest of the playoffs.

He has a third degree sprain.  If he gets to avoids surgery that will be a minor miracle.   He is out for the reminder of the playoffs.
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 05:09 PM)Luka77 Wrote: He has a third degree sprain.  If he gets to avoids surgery that will be a minor miracle.   He is out for the reminder of the playoffs.

I haven't seen it reported anywhere on the degree of his injury and it's very important. The fact Shams used the word dislocate is already a little bit weird referring to this type of injury because it's usually referred to as a separation. If Shams mispoke and it's a full separation then its a grade 2 at the minimum. 

If its a grade 3 sprain, he's going to be out till August and possibly longer as the shoulder heals. Truly a career changing injury. Grade 2 is 6-8 weeks. Grade 1 is 2 weeks.

Either way it's not a good injury. I hope for the best.
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 05:52 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I haven't seen it reported anywhere on the degree of his injury and it's very important. The fact Shams used the word dislocate is already a little bit weird referring to this type of injury because it's usually referred to as a separation. If Shams mispoke and it's a full separation then its a grade 2 at the minimum. 

If its a grade 3 sprain, he's going to be out till August and possibly longer as the shoulder heals. Truly a career changing injury. Grade 2 is 6-8 weeks. Grade 1 is 2 weeks.

I believe it's the same injury as Julius Randle. Randle tried to let it heal on its own. But it didn't respond so he opted for surgery. Maxi may need the same. Tough break for Dallas. Now Powell moves up I assume.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 06:08 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I believe it's the same injury as Julius Randle. Randle tried to let it heal on its own. But it didn't respond so he opted for surgery. Maxi may need the same. Tough break for Dallas. Now Powell moves up I assume.

Such a horrible decision by Exum on the break. Basically chose by far the most convoluted option, dropping it off like Maxi is prime James Worthy trailing the play. Hope he can get out of his own head against OKC. At least Game 6 he did a couple nice things. 

Also weird that Coffey pulled the chair out on Maxi. Such a flukey play all the way around.
[-] The following 3 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Luka77, SleepingHero
Like Reply
I don't know why Kleber always tries to jump over people like that. That's not even the first time he did that. Smh
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 05:52 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I haven't seen it reported anywhere on the degree of his injury and it's very important. The fact Shams used the word dislocate is already a little bit weird referring to this type of injury because it's usually referred to as a separation. If Shams mispoke and it's a full separation then its a grade 2 at the minimum. 

In the article I posted MacMahon stated it was third degree dislocation.
Like Reply
Kkeber’s injury isn’t a surprise. It’s who he is. Obtaining a reliable small ball center is probably priority 2 for the off-season. Since Powell can’t play with DLive or Gafford, PJ is just going to have to buck up and play 42 minutes per night. PJ and Maxi are really the only playable power forwards on the roster.
Like Reply
To put the blame on Exum for Maxi’s injury is ridiculous. Yes, it was an unnecessary play and Exum could have made a different pass, but Maxi chose to try to make a hero dunk on that play over Coffey. He could have easily backed off and put the ball down on the floor. It’s not as if Exum threw him that pass while he was in mid-air over the defender.

I’m a physician, and I treat a lot of AC joint injuries. When I saw how he fell, and later the pain he was in, I was surprised he didn’t break his clavicle. Needless to say, with the ligamentous injuries he suffered, he won’t be returning any time soon. It’s hard to say how long he’ll be out without seeing films, doing an exam, etc. As others mentioned above, he might require surgery to allow for appropriate, athletic participation-level recovery. Poor guy. Just can’t stay healthy.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 2 users Like OBX Maverick's post:
  • Lukedoncic, The Jom
Like Reply