Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
(06-30-2022, 01:07 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I personally think Dinwiddie will be a better player this season than Brunson was for the Mavs last season. He will be another year removed from his knee injury and will get a full summer and training camp with the Mavs. I think he will improve his shot and he is a much longer player. I personally think he will start beside Luka unless they make a move we aren't aware of. I do think it's very possible Brunson will have a better season stat wise next year if he is truly featured, but that's not apples to apples. One last think is Dragic will play 20-25 minutes a game. He's not coming here for 15 a night and he's Luka's mentor. I have no issues with him playing that many minutes as long as he gets his body ready for it.
Looking at his last 4 years of work, sure he’s played 27ish mpg, but he’s only played in 21 to 59 games during that time. Get him less mpg, hopefully he stays healthier for longer. Would like to see the upper 60’s in games played for him this year.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 01:10 PM)nash_funk Wrote: I'd say Bullock instead of THJ, THJ as the 6th man.  Dinwiddie is a far better defender than Brunson, making his entry into the starting lineup an upgrade.

I wouldn't disagree with that.  It somewhat depends on whether Timmy can pickup Kidd defense.  Regardless, I see Timmy and Dinwiddie sharing most of the minutes at the 2.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • nash_funk
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 01:07 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I personally think Dinwiddie will be a better player this season than Brunson was for the Mavs last season. He will be another year removed from his knee injury and will get a full summer and training camp with the Mavs. I think he will improve his shot and he is a much longer player. I personally think he will start beside Luka unless they make a move we aren't aware of. I do think it's very possible Brunson will have a better season stat wise next year if he is truly featured, but that's not apples to apples. One last thing is Dragic will play 20-25 minutes a game. He's not coming here for 15 a night and he's Luka's mentor. I have no issues with him playing that many minutes as long as he gets his body ready for it.

Its possible Din might be as impactful as Brunson was last year.  I think you are overstating the difference in defense.  The biggest difference is Brunson is still on an upward trajectory and I don't think Din will play any better for us than he did this season (he was crazy hot from 3).

Dragic will play how many minutes are warranted.  If he plays like he did in the regular season the last couple years, it wont be any more than 15 a game.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 01:27 PM)mvossman Wrote: Its possible Din might be as impactful as Brunson was last year.  I think you are overstating the difference in defense.  The biggest difference is Brunson is still on an upward trajectory and I don't think Din will play any better for us than he did this season (he was crazy hot from 3).

Dragic will play how many minutes are warranted.  If he plays like he did in the regular season the last couple years, it wont be any more than 15 a game.

You mention his play the last couple of years.  When has Dragic ever averaged 15mpg?  He's not coming to Dallas to play so few minutes.

(06-30-2022, 01:27 PM)mvossman Wrote: Its possible Din might be as impactful as Brunson was last year.  I think you are overstating the difference in defense.  The biggest difference is Brunson is still on an upward trajectory and I don't think Din will play any better for us than he did this season (he was crazy hot from 3).

Also, look at advanced stats.  Dinwiddie is a far better defender compared to Brunson.
Like Reply

Agree to disagree. You can't teach length. Give me the 6'6" player over the 6'1" every time when they are comparable players talent wise. Having a 6'6" two guard and a 6'7" pg is a game changer imo. We can literally switch all 5 guys like that. Brunson is a really good hustle and position guy on defense. That won't be replaced. His willingness to take charges was incredible. I think Dinwiddie can improve his defense in Kidd's system. He now knows the expectations and can work to improve all off season. I think it's a little unfair to say he can't improve being that he's only 29. That's just my opinion. I'm not saying I'm correct for sure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • audiosway
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...6826791941
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1542614570942046211?t=oCS9wemS__WUOwO7GsZK6A&s=19
Like Reply
I hope all the JB defenders & Cuban haters rethink their position....or at least nuance it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • MrGoat
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:05 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: JB to the Knicks confirmed. We never even had a chance to make an offer.

Mavs didn't fly to NY for nothing. They can't be that stupid
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 01:35 PM)nash_funk Wrote:

Also, look at advanced stats.  Dinwiddie is a far better defender compared to Brunson.

If you look at the best advanced stats, they say that Din has generally been a little below average and Brunson a little more below average.  For example, in EPM Dinwiddie is -.2 and Brunson is -.3.  Lebron has Dinwiddie -.2 and Brunson -.5.  Din is better, but not by a lot.  That meets the eye test as well.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:07 PM)omahen Wrote: Mavs didn't fly to NY for nothing. They can't be that stupid

Meeting is canceled. I edited my post to include the tweet from Shams. It's done.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:07 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I hope all the JB defenders & Cuban haters rethink their position....or at least nuance it.

Self inflicted wound and it isn't Jalen's responsibility to let the MBT try to fix at at the final hour.   The only positive is that I think the contract is an overpay.  It will be interesting to see what the tampering charges levied against the Knicks are.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • BigDirk41, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:09 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: Meeting is canceled. I edited my post to include the tweet from Shams. It's done.

Of course it is cancled. It is also very obvious those meetings with Miami and Dallas were not really serious. It is very possible the deal was done for weeks as reported. If Mavs were stupid enough to fly to NY just to be declined even to have a meeting, than there is no rescue to this franchise.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:07 PM)omahen Wrote: Mavs didn't fly to NY for nothing. They can't be that stupid

I mean there's good shopping and restaurants in NY even if they wasted their time
Like Reply
I would be out on McGee unless we have a realistic shot at a title.  Otherwise go with the younger player.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:14 PM)MrGoat Wrote: I mean there's good shopping and restaurants in NY even if they wasted their time

There is also something going on in BKN Smile
Like Reply
Lost some faith in Nico here if nothing else.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:11 PM)omahen Wrote: Of course it is cancled. It is also very obvious those meetings with Miami and Dallas were not really serious. It is very possible the deal was done for weeks as reported. If Mavs were stupid enough to fly to NY just to be declined even to have a meeting, than there is no rescue to this franchise.

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1542...04000?s=21&t=j3OKFj-qS_0mKOuz_hr43w
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:16 PM)cow Wrote: Lost some faith in Nico here if nothing else.

Why? This is all clearly driven by Rick Brunson.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 01:50 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Agree to disagree. You can't teach length. Give me the 6'6" player over the 6'1" every time when they are comparable players talent wise. Having a 6'6" two guard and a 6'7" pg is a game changer imo. We can literally switch all 5 guys like that. Brunson is a really good hustle and position guy on defense. That won't be replaced. His willingness to take charges was incredible. I think Dinwiddie can improve his defense in Kidd's system. He now knows the expectations and can work to improve all off season. I think it's a little unfair to say he can't improve being that he's only 29. That's just my opinion. I'm not saying I'm correct for sure.

It's just not that simple.  Fred Vanvleet does not have near that length, but he is a significantly better defender than Din.  I'm not saying Din can't get better in that area with the focus Kidd puts on it.  But this is really not a good argument for letting Brunson walk.  Din was going to be here regardless and having both would be better than having one.
Like Reply