Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Is A Gatorade Athlete! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
(06-30-2022, 10:07 AM)Winter Wrote: [b]JUNE 30, 10:04am:[/b] The Heat have now put out word that they never had a meeting scheduled with Brunson and don’t intend to meet with him today, according to local reporters Ira WindermanTim Reynolds, and Anthony Chiang.

That makes more sense. Miami doesn't have cap space and I don't think us taking Lowry back in a S & T is even a legal trade because of the hard cap. Could have hoped for Herro and a 1st but that would have been very wishful thinking and needed adjustment too
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 10:07 AM)Winter Wrote: [b]JUNE 30, 10:04am:[/b] The Heat have now put out word that they never had a meeting scheduled with Brunson and don’t intend to meet with him today, according to local reporters Ira WindermanTim Reynolds, and Anthony Chiang.
Tampering!
Like Reply
One thing. A well run organization with good scouting and talent evaluation got the invite to meet with JB over social media. The answer from that org was not, how do we make this real, it was, who us? We never got so much as a wink in our direction.

They see the purse JB is gonna get and are not willing to jump on it. Makes you think, should we be?
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 10:59 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: They see the purse JB is gonna get and are not willing to jump on it. Makes you think, should we be?

I've been saying this for the last 3 days! Brunson at the money he's going to get is ludicrous.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 10:59 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: One thing. A well run organization with good scouting and talent evaluation got the invite to meet with JB over social media. The answer from that org was not, how do we make this real, it was, who us? We never got so much as a wink in our direction.

They see the purse JB is gonna get and are not willing to jump on it. Makes you think, should we be?

To piggy back off that, as a rule any player that Miami doesn't jump on but that the Knicks are salivating over should be a player to avoid.

But I think Brunson is the exception to that rule  Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jmaciscool's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 11:23 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I've been saying this for the last 3 days! Brunson at the money he's going to get is ludicrous.

I agree with it being ludicrous but more importantly, is it easily tradeable without attaching assets?  I'd feel a lot more comfortable about that number if other teams were bidding or if the sole team bidding that much money was almost anyone but the Knicks.
Like Reply
Removing all emotion from losing Brunson, Dinwiddie is completely capable of taking over for Brunson in an enlarged role.  I would argue that Dinwiddie is a better player off the ball and better defender, not to mention 5" taller.

PG - Luka
SG - Dinwiddie
SF - THJ
PF - DFS
C - Wood

A healthy THJ and Wood is a huge upgrade from the playoffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nash_funk's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 12:35 PM)nash_funk Wrote: Removing all emotion from losing Brunson, Dinwiddie is completely capable of taking over for Brunson in an enlarged role.  I would argue that Dinwiddie is a better player off the ball and better defender, not to mention 5" taller.

PG - Luka
SG - Dinwiddie
SF - THJ
PF - DFS
C - Wood

We all remember how hard basketball is in the NBA, if you are short a playmaker to spare your starters.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 12:39 PM)Mapka Wrote: We all remember how hard basketball is in the NBA, if you are short a playmaker to spare your starters.

Start Dinwiddie.  Dragic off the bench.
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 12:41 PM)nash_funk Wrote: Start Dinwiddie.  Dragic off the bench.

Dragic can't backup both, his minutes and his grind have to be managed.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 12:43 PM)Mapka Wrote: Dragic can't backup both, his minutes and his grind have to be managed.

Dinwiddie and Brunson averaged 60 minutes last year.  Dragic averaged 25.

Dinwiddie 35 minutes, Dragic 25.  Done
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 12:54 PM)nash_funk Wrote: Dinwiddie and Brunson averaged 60 minutes last year.  Dragic averaged 25.

Really hope that isn't the plan.  Certainly not opposed to Dragic but want him closer to 15min and at the vet min...not MLE.
Like Reply
I'm not necessarily saying Dinwiddie is a much better player.  I am saying he's a much better SG paired with Luka, especially defensively.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 12:58 PM)JBB Wrote: Really hope that isn't the plan.  Certainly not opposed to Dragic but want him closer to 15min and at the vet min...not MLE.

Brunson is gone.  Dallas would be an idiot to pay him $25mill/year when we have Dinwiddie.

So perfect isn't an option.  Dragic has never averaged below 25 minutes.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 12:35 PM)nash_funk Wrote: Removing all emotion from losing Brunson, Dinwiddie is completely capable of taking over for Brunson in an enlarged role.  I would argue that Dinwiddie is a better player off the ball and better defender, not to mention 5" taller.

PG - Luka
SG - Dinwiddie
SF - THJ
PF - DFS
C - Wood

I think Bullock is going to be in that lineup instead of Dinwiddie.  Makes more sense from a defensive perspective, and at least during the regular season that is a very potent offense anyways.  Its very similar to the starting lineup we ran out there a couple of years ago that was the best in the NBA.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 12:54 PM)nash_funk Wrote: Dinwiddie and Brunson averaged 60 minutes last year.  Dragic averaged 25.

Pretty easy to see SD get 30, Dragic get 20 and THJ get 10 mins at the spot, esp with Luka being the only one on court of the 3. For 10 mpg it’s not gonna screw things up.
Like Reply
I personally think Dinwiddie will be a better player this season than Brunson was for the Mavs last season. He will be another year removed from his knee injury and will get a full summer and training camp with the Mavs. I think he will improve his shot and he is a much longer player. I personally think he will start beside Luka unless they make a move we aren't aware of. I do think it's very possible Brunson will have a better season stat wise next year if he is truly featured, but that's not apples to apples. One last thing is Dragic will play 20-25 minutes a game. He's not coming here for 15 a night and he's Luka's mentor. I have no issues with him playing that many minutes as long as he gets his body ready for it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • nash_funk
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 01:05 PM)mvossman Wrote: I think Bullock is going to be in that lineup instead of Dinwiddie.  Makes more sense from a defensive perspective, and at least during the regular season that is a very potent offense anyways.  Its very similar to the starting lineup we ran out there a couple of years ago that was the best in the NBA.

I'd say Bullock instead of THJ, THJ as the 6th man.  Dinwiddie is a far better defender than Brunson, making his entry into the starting lineup an upgrade.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 12:43 PM)Mapka Wrote: Dragic can't backup both, his minutes and his grind have to be managed.

Your right he can't.  His primary purpose will be to backup Luka.  That should be less than 15 minutes a game.  Dinwiddie is basically a shooting guard and he will share time with Timmy in that role.  Not sure which it makes more sense to start.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 01:07 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I personally think Dinwiddie will be a better player this season than Brunson was for the Mavs last season. He will be another year removed from his knee injury and will get a full summer and training camp with the Mavs. I think he will improve his shot and he is a much longer player. I personally think he will start beside Luka unless they make a move we aren't aware of. I do think it's very possible Brunson will have a better season stat wise next year if he is truly featured, but that's not apples to apples. One last think is Dragic will play 20-25 minutes a game. He's not coming here for 15 a night and he's Luka's mentor. I have no issues with him playing that many minutes as long as he gets his body ready for it.

Yup on all of this.

To add, I like THJ better at SG than SF given his awful rebounding for a SF.
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply