Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 72: Dallas Mavericks (42-29) vs. Sacramento Kings (42-29)
Mavs stuck in SAC for 3 days...

I guess there are worse places to be. Spend this road time continuing to bond and use the mini-break to keep tweaking up the defense.
Like Reply
Gonna post some post game tweets here since I wasn't able to do it last night:

Mavs Film Room (@MavsFilmRoom)
Luka post game on Kyrie “He’s the Batman, I’m the Robin.”

https://x.com/dmn_mavericks/status/17728...40792?s=20
Luka got DJJ on the sideline here LOL!

https://x.com/Coopz___/status/1772849027194716370?s=20

Lively's impact this game.

@iztok_franko
Lively's D was game changing.

More disruptive contesting Fox & Monk floater game in 1st half then Gafford. Then did great in the paint against Sabonis in the 3rd quarter.

Kings shot 36% 4/11 with Lively as closest defender in the paint.

https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...0224332150

PJ Washington's defense is immense
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-27-2024, 08:58 AM)michaeltex Wrote: Mavs stuck in SAC for 3 days...

I guess there are worse places to be. Spend this road time continuing to bond and use the mini-break to keep tweaking up the defense.

I’m kind of glad they’re in Sacramento and not someplace distracting, like LA or Vegas. Maybe they’ll get a good practice in before Friday.
Like Reply
(03-27-2024, 06:30 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: It's all good news for the Mavericks right now.  

I have to be honest. I don't have cable and couldn't watch the game last night - was following the ESPN play-by-play feed. Watched the highlights later (Pandahank). If I had watched the game in real time, I likely would have needed Depends in the first half watching Luka grimace. They took a huge gamble playing him. It was necessary and had a fantastic result, but just imagine if things would have gone south.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, michaeltex
Like Reply
(03-27-2024, 10:58 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I have to be honest. I don't have cable and couldn't watch the game last night - was following the ESPN play-by-play feed. Watched the highlights later (Pandahank). If I had watched the game in real time, I likely would have needed Depends in the first half watching Luka grimace. They took a huge gamble playing him. It was necessary and had a fantastic result, but just imagine if things would have gone south.

Most important thing is getting the Achilles to calm down until Friday. If this thing lingers it’ll scare me to death on every jump or quick turn. KD in the playoffs for the Warriors is the worst example.
Like Reply
The ass kicking from Sacramento's POV

https://archive.is/LVV3Q
Like Reply
I think the NBA’s new officiating emphasis allowing more physical play is helping the Mavs. It wouldn’t have pre trade but Gaff and PJ are pretty physical, and Luka is the most physical point guard in the NBA. It probably won’t go over well with Luka, but if it’s officiated consistently on both sides, let them play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
(03-27-2024, 07:08 PM)ballsrchr Wrote: . . .

This is fairly reliable.  If it does stop you can usually wait it out...or reload the page.  If it takes too long just go back to the starting page.  In the event none of that works...try:

. . .

Some of these have ads.  In that case you may have to click through several times to get to the actual game.  You may want to install Adblock plus.

I have tried to use League Pass, only to find out that I can watch only about 1/3, or less, of the games because I'm in Texas.  That means, to them, I am in the local viewing area for the spurs, rockets, and Mavs, which, being out in the boondocks--I am not!

I also have youtube TV, which is better than league Pass, but still says the same!

So...I tired of throwing money at them and just watch on those that I listed...and more in the case of a catastrophe.

I know what you mean about the Depends...

Not sposed to post those links here, right?
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-27-2024, 07:36 PM)The Jom Wrote: Not sposed to post those links here, right?

Sorry!  Didn't know that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(03-27-2024, 08:07 PM)ballsrchr Wrote: Sorry!  Didn't know that.

We had a couple of scares from NBA bots threatening to wipe the site cause of these links. 

I wouldn't even PM them. But you can get creative and speak in code so to speak.

To sail the high seas one has to learn the jargon.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Go Mavs!
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(03-27-2024, 07:00 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I think the NBA’s new officiating emphasis allowing more physical play is helping the Mavs. It wouldn’t have pre trade but Gaff and PJ are pretty physical, and Luka is the most physical point guard in the NBA. It probably won’t go over well with Luka, but if it’s officiated consistently on both sides, let them play.
It definitely helps us. Luka has not complained to the refs at all in the last 4-5 games. I think this is the longest stretch of his career and he deserves some major credit for keeping his composure and not being such a baby
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply