Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
AROUND the NBA: ATL Jumps from #10 to #1 in Lotto| Pistons Mull Firing GM
I think this Knicks team will give Boston a lot of problems. Will be rooting for Brunson against whoever makes it out of the West (besides the Mavs of course)

Its crazy that the Villanova boys Hart and Divincenzo have bounced around the league and then suddenly found their home in NY and together with Brunson have become the foundation of that team.
Like Reply
(05-08-2024, 09:31 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: The Knicks are just unstoppable...I think they should beat the Celtics too. This really could be their year to win it all

With Anunoby now hurt, they're bench is real thin. Robinson is out for the rest of the playoffs too. Their starters have been playing the whole game, every game. That'll catch up with them.They won't have enough to beat the C's I believe.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
(05-08-2024, 09:43 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: With Anunoby now hurt, they're bench is real thin. Robinson is out for the rest of the playoffs too. Their starters have been playing the whole game, every game. That'll catch up with them. They won't have enough to beat the C's I believe.

I agree. Great team, but not deep enough to compete with Boston. 

BTW, I guess IGT is exclusively on Discord now, but man was he right about Hartenstein!
Like Reply
(05-08-2024, 09:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I agree. Great team, but not deep enough to compete with Boston. 

BTW, I guess IGT is exclusively on Discord now, but man was he right about Hartenstein!

Hartenstein has really impressed me with his all around play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-08-2024, 09:56 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Hartenstein has really impressed me with his all around play.

Yeah, he's solid, and he can move a lot better than I thought.
Like Reply
Dustin Dopirak (@DustinDopirak)
Carlisle goes in on the officiating. Says there were 29 calls they felt went the wrong way in the first game, but they didn't submit them. Said they will submit after this game. Says the Knicks' physicality is being rewarded and there's is not.

Carlisle: "Small-market teams deserve an equal shot. They deserve a fair shot no matter where they're playing."
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 12:08 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Dustin Dopirak (@DustinDopirak)
Carlisle goes in on the officiating. Says there were 29 calls they felt went the wrong way in the first game, but they didn't submit them. Said they will submit after this game. Says the Knicks' physicality is being rewarded and there's is not.

Carlisle: "Small-market teams deserve an equal shot. They deserve a fair shot no matter where they're playing."

The Knicks have got the benefit of the whistle in both series now.  They have had two game changing calls go their way. 

The foul on the inbounds against Maxey and then the phantom kick ball in the Pacers series.

Also I miss a coach who goes after the refs and protects his players. If only Kidd could learn from Carlisle.
Like Reply
(05-08-2024, 07:46 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: So will Luka ever win an MVP?

If Shai goes to WCF, he will be the favorite next year, and we won't like it, but Luka will lose some of that luster

If Luka has to worry about young player, Edwards is probably the guy. 
He is 2 and half years younger, 2 years less experienced, American and very marketable,  and his team might reaches the finals this year, he is probably going to be the one they push as the new dace of the league.
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 06:09 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: If Luka has to worry about young player, Edwards is probably the guy. 
He is 2 and half years younger, 2 years less experienced, American and very marketable,  and his team might reaches the finals this year, he is probably going to be the one they push as the new dace of the league.

And Wemby in two or three years if his development continues on the trajectory he’s on.
Like Reply
I freakin love Josh Hart.  What a warrior.    I read the Knicks can only offer Hartelstein 16-17 million this year.  He is definitely getting that.    What happens if a team offers him over 20 million though?  He found a good spot in NYC.  He is going to have some interesting decisions, but should be really rich either way. 

I wonder what Bucks fans are thinking when they see Donte?  They traded him for Serge Ibaka.  Donte bounced around at SAC and GS before landing on the Knicks.  He had some up and down moments but really up this year.  He would fit great into that old Bucks team.  Sometimes a players timeline doesn't match up to a teams timeline.  It is easy to say now they should have waited for him, but man would his athleticism really help them right now.

Coach Carlisle has an interesting decision on McConnell.  He appears to be the one player that really is getting after Jalen.  But he sat like the final 8 minutes of the game.  Nembhard is a much better shooter and a solid defender, but Jalen has his number.  Might want to lean more into McConnell down the stretch.

Those offensive rebounds are killer.   The Knicks are a bunch of hungry dogs going after the ball.   The said last night that their best offense is getting offensive rebounds.  I think I agree.  They get so much on second chances.    It must be so frustrating rooting for the other team as they just pummel you on the boards.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 07:16 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I freakin love Josh Hart.  What a warrior.    I read the Knicks can only offer Hartelstein 16-17 million this year.  He is definitely getting that.    What happens if a team offers him over 20 million though?  He found a good spot in NYC.  He is going to have some interesting decisions, but should be really rich either way. 

I wonder what Bucks fans are thinking when they see Donte?  They traded him for Serge Ibaka.  Donte bounced around at SAC and GS before landing on the Knicks.  He had some up and down moments but really up this year.  He would fit great into that old Bucks team.  Sometimes a players timeline doesn't match up to a teams timeline.  It is easy to say now they should have waited for him, but man would his athleticism really help them right now.

Coach Carlisle has an interesting decision on McConnell.  He appears to be the one player that really is getting after Jalen.  But he sat like the final 8 minutes of the game.  Nembhard is a much better shooter and a solid defender, but Jalen has his number.  Might want to lean more into McConnell down the stretch.

Those offensive rebounds are killer.   The Knicks are a bunch of hungry dogs going after the ball.   The said last night that their best offense is getting offensive rebounds.  I think I agree.  They get so much on second chances.    It must be so frustrating rooting for the other team as they just pummel you on the boards.

Also, Myles Turner has always been a conundrum for me.   You catch him on the right night and you think he is one of the better defensive centers in the league with top notch defense and shooting.   He was like that in the games we played them.  Then there are other nights where you hardly notice him.   Last night he plays 31 minutes and scores 6 points and grabs 7 rebounds.   I think those type of games pop up way more than they should.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
ESPN Sources: Boston Celtics lead assistant Charles Lee has agreed on a four-year deal to become the Charlotte Hornets’ next coach.

Charlotte Hornets (@hornets)
A new chapter begins. We’re thrilled to announce the new Head Coach of your Charlotte Hornets, Coach Charles Lee!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 12:08 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Dustin Dopirak (@DustinDopirak)

RC is just setting up the refs for game 3. Ejection and all. He knows what he's doing.  I expect them to get more calls at home.
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 09:12 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
ESPN Sources: Boston Celtics lead assistant Charles Lee has agreed on a four-year deal to become the Charlotte Hornets’ next coach.

Charlotte Hornets (@hornets)
A new chapter begins. We’re thrilled to announce the new Head Coach of your Charlotte Hornets, Coach Charles Lee!

I'm glad to see Lee finally get a shot. He was Budenholzer's top assistant with the Bucks and was a finalist for the Detroit job, which I think he should have gotten. Monty Williams has been a train wreck in Detroit along with Troy Weaver.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/jkubatko/status/1788552810662908291

Josh Hart, is the first in Knicks history with this playoff line.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MikeVorkunov/status/...8775901418

JDub is on the precipice for OKC.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...9930325065

Tim Macmahon says the decel step is a devastating weapon for elite scorers.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MikeVorkunov/status/...4441938131

Josh Hart has played 40+ minutes in 10 straight games. Crazy.
Like Reply
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1c..._auto=true&one_tap=true

Shots fired by Evan Turner on PG 13.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKidd's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 11:20 AM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeVorkunov/status/...8775901418

JDub is on the precipice for OKC.

JDub's shoulders kind of look like old lady or grandma shoulders from the side.
[-] The following 2 users Like RGP1981's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, The Jom
Like Reply