Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
AROUND the NBA: ATL Jumps from #10 to #1 in Lotto| Pistons Mull Firing GM
(05-06-2024, 09:07 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: He wouldn't dominate the ball with Luka here anyway. Say what you will, but Brunson has made himself into a great player that wouldn't have had that opportunity in Dallas. He's the lead dog in NY.

Not denying that at all.  And not denying what a stud JB is.  Like I said I love the guy. 

But he gets a whistle because of the jersey he’s wearing and it’s blatant.  He’s a smart dude and knows it too and uses it to his advantage.  That whistle creates a lot of cleaner looks for him too because of the way you have to defend him once he starts racking up fouls on the opponent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Malone absolutely lost it after two non calls that should have been offensive fouls on the Wolves. Suprised he wasn't ejected. I guess the refs knew they screwed up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(05-06-2024, 09:12 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Not denying that at all.  And not denying what a stud JB is.  Like I said I love the guy. 

But he gets a whistle because of the jersey he’s wearing and it’s blatant.  He’s a smart dude and knows it too and uses it to his advantage.  That whistle creates a lot of cleaner looks for him too because of the way you have to defend him once he starts racking up fouls on the opponent.

I mean that's what all the stars do right? It's called the art of manipulation, plus Brunson has mastered his iso game with great footwork and fakes. Luka gets the same calls and complains because he thinks he's suppose to get every call. Doesn't work that way. Aggressive players get to the FT line. It's been that way forever.
Like Reply
So far the playoffs stand out for the worst referee performances since Heat-Mavs, Lakers-Kings days. First quarter of T'Wolves-Nuggets was just as bad as the last minute of Pacers-Knicks.
I have no clue how any internal evaluation can come to the conclusion that this isn't hurting the product.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Still early but the Nuggets look a little rattled. Minny doing a good time making the nuggets feel some pressure too. Denver not handling g well. Letting refs get into their heads too
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
The Wolves are spanking the Nuggets without Gobert.
Like Reply
Again still early but I haven’t seen a player get off his game as Murray has so far. Just completely letting the refs get into his head. Need to push thru.
Like Reply
(05-06-2024, 09:50 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Again still early but I haven’t seen a player get off his game as Murray has so far.  Just completely letting the refs get into his head.  Need to push thru.

It's pretty blatant. Probably hard to accept that your opponent is allowed to play physical and you cannot even match it because the refs aren't allowing it.
That being said. Outside of clutch minutes in the Lakers series Murray has been the worst player on the floor for the Nuggets.
Like Reply
Minnesota is playing suffocating defense. I never seen Denver so flustered.
Like Reply
(05-06-2024, 09:58 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Minnesota is playing suffocating defense. I never seen Denver so flustered.

I am officially frightened of facing the Tdubs next round. Yikes!
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Wow it was Murray who threw that heat pack on the floor. He has lost it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(05-06-2024, 09:30 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I mean that's what all the stars do right? It's called the art of manipulation, plus Brunson has mastered his iso game with great footwork and fakes. Luka gets the same calls and complains because he thinks he's suppose to get every call. Doesn't work that way. Aggressive players get to the FT line. It's been that way forever.

True but less than half the story. Brunson getting better whistles because he’s a great story, because he’s on a historic streak, because he’s creating revenue, because that’s one serious market he’s in, because he’s photogenic and a good interview, because marketing studies say there’s room for his market pull to increase, etc.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Just hope that Luka can keep his cool if the Mavs face a similar whistle in one of the two games @OKC. Thankfully Kyrie is rock solid when it comes to this. Refs can do whatever they want. He never loses his focus.
Like Reply
(05-06-2024, 10:07 PM)The Jom Wrote: True but less than half the story. Brunson getting better whistles because he’s a great story, because he’s on a historic streak, because he’s creating revenue, because that’s one serious market he’s in, because he’s photogenic and a good interview, because marketing studies say there’s room for his market pull to increase, etc.

Seems like Edwards and Brunson are the most marketable US stars right now. I wonder if Edwards leaves the T'Wolves in the coming years.
Like Reply
Minnesota looks unstoppable...if they play like this then not even the Celtics can beat them!
Like Reply
(05-06-2024, 09:30 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I mean that's what all the stars do right? It's called the art of manipulation, plus Brunson has mastered his iso game with great footwork and fakes. Luka gets the same calls and complains because he thinks he's suppose to get every call. Doesn't work that way. Aggressive players get to the FT line. It's been that way forever.

Luka would kill to be officiated the way they are currently officiating Brunson.  The league has a vested interest in the Knicks and JB is that team’s star.  

I’ll say it again in case I haven’t been clear enough…JB is awesome, one of my favorites, and is one of this league’s stars.  

He is also being officiated like 2006 DWade right now.  The refs bungled that game tonight down the stretch with a phantom kick ball and a moving screen call that is never called, especially not with 12 seconds left.  I can be a fan of JB and also be annoyed by the BS calls going the Knicks way.  

Their playoff run is starting to feel like a frozen envelope situation.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • Arioch, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(05-06-2024, 10:14 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Minnesota looks unstoppable...if they play like this then not even the Celtics can beat them!

With the ramped up physicality of the playoffs, their defense is even more suffocating.  That’s a scary matchup for anyone as Denver is seeing first hand.
Like Reply
(05-06-2024, 10:19 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: With the ramped up physicality of the playoffs, their defense is even more suffocating.  That’s a scary matchup for anyone as Denver is seeing first hand.

These are Denver's home games.

Just imagine when they get to Minneapolis. 

And this is without Gobert.
Like Reply
(05-06-2024, 10:07 PM)The Jom Wrote: True but less than half the story. Brunson getting better whistles because he’s a great story, because he’s on a historic streak, because he’s creating revenue, because that’s one serious market he’s in, because he’s photogenic and a good interview, because marketing studies say there’s room for his market pull to increase, etc.

It's his time. I ain't mad at him.  NY is the biggest market in the country, so it's justified.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(05-06-2024, 10:18 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Luka would kill to be officiated the way they are currently officiating Brunson.  The league has a vested interest in the Knicks and JB is that team’s star.  

I’ll say it again in case I haven’t been clear enough…JB is awesome, one of my favorites, and is one of this league’s stars.  

He is also being officiated like 2006 DWade right now.  The refs bungled that game tonight down the stretch with a phantom kick ball and a moving screen call that is never called, especially not with 12 seconds left.  I can be a fan of JB and also be annoyed by the BS calls going the Knicks way.  

Their playoff run is starting to feel like a frozen envelope situation.

Now you're sounding like sour grapes. 06 is ancient history. Move on. And like I said before, Luka gets calls, he just wants all of them. The refs are the refs. They blew a call calling Miles Turner for a moving screen with the game in the balance. DiVincenzo flopped and he sold it. But I get what you're saying. The NBA is better when the Knicks are relevant.
Like Reply