Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
AROUND the NBA: Lakers Fire Darvin Ham
That ORL/CLE game was a hard watch.

This MIN/PHX game is much more entertaining.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
They are really letting them play in this Suns/Wolves game. Going to be really interesting to see the whistles in these different series.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(04-20-2024, 02:50 PM)omahen Wrote: Extremely poor shooting in the first playoff game. Both teams well below 30 % from three. Orlando needs THJ instead of G.Harris Smile

Maybe if they strike out on everybody else from Lavine, Mitchell, Harden, Klay or DeRozan, they´d consider Timmah. Or additionally if they can make the numbers work, but boy do they need some #1 scoring guard option, especially if Franz defers like the German Josh Green. I think they should have gone more to Mo Wagner today. He is the German JET: Irrational (and) confidence guy. If Franz had Mo´s mindset the league would be in trouble.
Like Reply
(04-20-2024, 03:41 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: They are really letting them play in this Suns/Wolves game.  Going to be really interesting to see the whistles in these different series.

Yeah especially Embiid, SGA and the Lakers.
Like Reply
The fact PHX has no point guard really shows. So many dumb turnovers and lack of flow to their offense.

Also Hubie Brown's mumbling really reminds me of my senile grandpa
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Anthony Edwards going at Durant. Wow
Like Reply
Anthony Edwards snatching Durant's and the Suns souls. He's going off.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Naz Reid is amazing
Like Reply
Thru 3 quarter Booker having a poor shooting night. Tough to overcome that. Grayson hasn’t made a shot yet either and hurt his ankle on the third. suns backup center not going to cut it.
Like Reply
(04-20-2024, 03:49 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Maybe if they strike out on everybody else from Lavine, Mitchell, Harden, Klay or DeRozan, they´d consider Timmah. Or additionally if they can make the numbers work, but boy do they need some #1 scoring guard option, especially if Franz defers like the German Josh Green. I think they should have gone more to Mo Wagner today. He is the German JET: Irrational (and) confidence guy. If Franz had Mo´s mindset the league would be in trouble.

They probably aren't giving THJ a second thought. There are better options.
Like Reply
Suns swept the season series 3-0. But the playoffs are a different animal.
Like Reply
(04-20-2024, 05:05 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: They probably aren't giving THJ a second thought. There are better options.

There aren't that many at that price point.

Sure THJ isn't great. But at 16 mil and expiring his attractiveness goes up considerably.
Like Reply
(04-20-2024, 05:20 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: There aren't that many at that price point.

Sure THJ isn't great. But at 16 mil and expiring his attractiveness goes up considerably.

We'll see...I just don't think he's that attractive to teams looking for a piece that helps make them real contenders. They're looking for players that are versatile, play defense, and make plays for others. Not just scoring. JMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(04-20-2024, 05:29 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: We'll see...I just don't think he's that attractive to teams looking for a piece that helps make them real contenders. They're looking for players that are versatile, play defense, and make plays for others. Not just scoring. JMO.

You just put strong wind to my flag.

Didnt think anyone would respond correctly as I seem to have no allies...

But you are so correct...

THJ might be cheaper...but he doesnt want to make the best bball play...that I assume these other comps to him do at a far greater frequency.

THJ's shooting skill isnt the problem...its his refusal to pass the rock and launch bad shots that make him get leap frogged by others.   And...assuming all this is real...I KNOW other GM's think as I do.   

He will pass the rock in Playoff settings...but due to his "gotta get mine" mind-state during the regular season...he isnt as disciplined as the other comps during Playoffs because they incorporate good decision making habits on a regular basis in reg season..  THJ...decides to try and do it only in the Playoffs.

For the Record.  I want THJ to succeed.  But he seems focused on his own goals.

You had me rock solid when I read your post, though.  Its true.
Like Reply
Watched a bit of the first half of Pho-Min and Pho looked extremely bad. No flow to the offense, just stars playing one against two or three defenders taking extremely tough shots. I expected way more from Phoenix. First game made my prediction for the series look completely wrong.
Like Reply
(04-20-2024, 05:45 PM)omahen Wrote: Watched a bit of the first half of Pho-Min and Pho looked extremely bad. No flow to the offense, just stars playing one against two or three defenders taking extremely tough shots. I expected way more from Phoenix. First game made my prediction for the series look completely wrong.

We are bound to see Booker get emotional and reactive in this series.  Pressure is on.

I like Booker by the way as an athlete and player.  Seems to cross the sportsmanlike line a bit too often...but isnt Draymond by any means.  He thinks he can hang with the best and will be vocal about it...got no problem with it since he is good.

But I think the pressure it on him in Phoenix.  If not him...the FO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes youzigizag's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Batum is such a smart player. Love the tricks he is doing guarding Brunson. Brunson will get his points but he is just a pest to deal with.
Like Reply
Anthony Edwards is super fun to watch. He had a great game today too.

33 points, 9 boards, 6 assists, 6 TOs, 2 steals
37% usage rate

That’s how good Luka is. He has that game in his sleep and then gets criticized for the TOs and usage rate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(04-20-2024, 05:45 PM)omahen Wrote: Watched a bit of the first half of Pho-Min and Pho looked extremely bad. No flow to the offense, just stars playing one against two or three defenders taking extremely tough shots. I expected way more from Phoenix. First game made my prediction for the series look completely wrong.

Phoenix is going to lose this series on the defensive end and the fact that Minnesota is a big, physical team. Gobert has gotten better chasing guards and wings on closeouts, and not playing drop coverage as much. I watched him guard Booker, move his feet and stay in front of him pretty well until Booker got a step on him and made a reverse layup. It's just one game, but if Minny imposes their will every game, I don't think the Suns win this series.
Like Reply
Awesome self alley oop by Embiid…and of course hurt on the play. That series might have just ended.
Like Reply