Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
AROUND the NBA: MIN Sweeps PHX!
To add something. I think it could also benefit Luka on the defensive end. Bring back handchecking (not like it has been completly banned) and he would have a much easier time defending quicker guards.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 10:52 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
“I’m told the NBA’s Competition Committee met on Tuesday and discussed ways to incorporate more defensive freedom, evaluating how to potentially allow more physicality…Using the next few months to strategize.”?

@ShamsCharania

Very simple. End superstar calls. Problem solved. Just a question whether they want Embiid averaging 22 PPG, because he´s reffed like Luka.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 01:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I agree it’s not super great news from his perspective, seeing as he already feels like he doesn’t get a good whistle, but on the other hand, his physicality and size are kind of the things that make him special. So, in a way, I can envision him holding up to this type of thing much better than most other offensive focal points. It’s people like Devin Booker and SGA who have to worry more, in my opinion.

The stats already agree with you here.

Luka leads the league in PPG if you remove FTs entirely. He's at 27ppg, next closest? Kyrie at 22.9. Giannis is right there too. 

Guys like Shai, and Embiid rely on the FT line so much. Each them drop almost 10ppg by removing FTs.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 01:44 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: To add something. I think it could also benefit Luka on the defensive end. Bring back handchecking (not like it has been completly banned) and he would have a much easier time defending quicker guards.

This is an unbelievably good point.
Like Reply
Asked in French by
@TheoQuintard
about contending for the DPOY, Wemby responded with this:

“I know that Rudy (Gobert) has a very good chance of winning it this year, and it would be deserved. Let him win it now, because after that it's no longer his turn."
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 05:12 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Asked in French by
@TheoQuintard

“I know that Rudy (Gobert) has a very good chance of winning it this year, and it would be deserved. Let him win it now, because after that it's no longer his turn."

If Gobert wins it, it will be his 4th, equalling current record.
I wonder if he can break it though?
I remember over decade ago I thought it was sure thing that D.Howard will get 5 at least, then the man fell of a cliff. Gobert seems like a better professional but voters fatigue and age will be against him.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 08:23 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: If Gobert wins it, it will be his 4th, equalling current record.
I remember over decade ago I thought it was sure thing that D.Howard will get 5 at least, then the man fell of a cliff. Gobert seems like a better professional but voters fatigue and age will be against him.

Ben Wallace and Dikembe Mutombo also won 4 DPOY.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 08:23 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: If Gobert wins it, it will be his 4th, equalling current record.

Just have a hard time with someone like Gobert collecting DPOY because it never translated to playoff success. How can the "best defender" in the league turn into a defensive liability. I am fine with him winning one (maybe two) but the DPOY shouldn't be played off the floor by the small ball Clippers or Maxi Kleber.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 05:12 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Asked in French by
@TheoQuintard

I'll tell ya what, this Wemby guy sure knows how to make a good quote.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Luka is one of the most physical players in the league. He’ll benefit from allowing more contact. It will level the field since he doesn’t get those calls anyway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(03-15-2024, 12:02 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'll tell ya what, this Wemby guy sure knows how to make a good quote.

He's not lacking in confidence, that's for sure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Watching the game last night, J.Williams, my fellow Santa Clara Bronco, is the real deal. He'll be a top 2-way player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(03-15-2024, 09:23 AM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: Watching the game last night, J.Williams, my fellow Santa Clara Bronco, is the real deal. He'll be a top 2-way player.

Yeah, he gave PJ the business.
Like Reply
Jokic scoring over Wemby is amazing to watch. One floater after another. Crazy high arc on all of them. Almost like he is playing a game of horse.
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Our competitors are just refusing to lose. NO seems to came out of reach. I am fine with whatever result against Denver, but next five games will be very important. Two against Utah, against Spurs and then two crucial games against Sacramento. 5 wins could lift us in the top6. Ideal scenario imho would be for Denver to finish 1st, Clippers 4th and Mavs 6th.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • Reunion Mav, rocky164
Like Reply
https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_...rgin-error

Zach Lowe's 8 things.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/...9275497554

https://twitter.com/StatMamba/status/176...6644413941

Probably the longest two minutes in NBA history. Shot clock was broken. Resetting for no reason.
Like Reply
(03-17-2024, 12:05 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/...9275497554

https://twitter.com/StatMamba/status/176...6644413941

Probably the longest two minutes in NBA history. Shot clock was broken. Resetting for no reason.

I saw that. It was incredible and consistent with other recent Crypto.com difficulties. Painful for everyone but will lead to change because Lebron and Steph had to endure it.
Like Reply
Bucks mollywhopping the Suns, 82-60 at the half, behind 18 made 3's.
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Milwaukee shot almost 60 % from three. Is that a record?
Like Reply